CH 110 Pierrot the Clown

Arthur Leywin POV:

Slowing my flight speed as I neared the ground I landed on the forest floor, A glimpse of the dawning sun could be seen peeking from behind the tree line, a flat plain of grass with large boulders and splintered logs scattered throughout the area.

This place appeared to be a part of the surrounding forest long ago before an avalanche had struck. Snow still lingered, hiding in patches in the shadows of the debris of fallen trees

A loud crash and thud echoed through the silent forest a dozen or so yards away, Looking closer I saw the pale husk of a retainer that lurked behind the broken mask rising from the shattered trees he broke his fall with.

'Arthur.' Sylvie's voice was filled with unease.

'I'm ok, Can't say the same for the clown. Whatever stasis spell Al used did a number on him.' I replied

he twitched violently, his bones snapping back into place as he cackled psychotically, His clawed gauntlets clicking with each crack his bones made.

Watching the retainer closely I took out Dawn's Ballad from my dimension ring and withdrew it from its scabbard.

An ethereal glow enveloped the teal blade of my sword, lighting up the morning dew on the surrounding blades of grass and leaves.

"HehEHAahHA!! mmmh~ That hurt nice and good~!" he cackled running his hands up himself with an almost fanatical quality to them.

I raised my gaze to match the clown-like retainer, my grip on my sword tightening.

The lanky retainer continued to mumble on in his fantasy until he abruptly clapped his hands together. "Aha! the Commander Elf! His precious granddaughter is around your age, isn't she? I can't wait to make her melt in the ecstasy of this glorious pai-"

The sickle-shaped blade of frost that I had launched at the spindly retainer dissipated after hitting a black spike that had manifested from the ground in front of him. The ink-stained metal spikes froze on impact but remained whole.

"Tch! you didn't use that last time" I spat through gritted teeth, holding my sword out in an offensive stance.

Pierrot merely shrugged. "You may as well have that little bond of yours come out. So she can enjoy the pain too."

"Sylvie," I said aloud while my gaze remained locked on the retainer.

A pillar of fire rained down from the sky on top of the retainer, sparks flared off floating in the air and growing in intensity as they powered up.

the space around Pierrot suddenly distorted. His presence became almost palpable in the air as each step sent ripples of vibrations into the ground. Soulfire consumed the dragon fire as he emerged unscathed.

I immediately unleashed Realmheart while Sylvie pounded more and more fire into him.

He responded with a deranged smile that reached his eyes before he suddenly flicked his right hand.

With Realmheart amplifying my affinity to the ambient mana surrounding us, my body sensed the disturbance in front of me before I could see. Sylvie and I both dashed in opposite directions just in time to dodge the barrage of black spikes that had instantly manifested below us.

The ground that we had just been standing on now looked like the back of a really large and angry porcupine with each of the seven-foot spikes gleaming menacingly.

I brought Dawn's Ballad close to my side as I pointed the weapon's fractured tip at Pierrot. The runes glowing on my arm burned with a comforting warmth as I began coalescing the mana surrounding me.