Ch 97 Wounded Paladin's

Elijah Knight pov:

It's been a few hours since the Typhon Redocked to its previous spot on Xyrus, Alexander is still out cold although Boreas did wake him to speak with his family albeit only for a brief moment; Al had trouble staying conscious from as he said the residual Stasis and Hydra poison acting as poison to his body.

Boreas Ejected Adam's spear from his ring and floated it over to his family so they had something other than the mangled body to remember him for, but after this Boreas knocked him out again and refused to wake him till he finished.

Needless to say Claire and the Twin horns... well the serving members were devastated by his unconscious state although they were at least eased by the fact they knew they only had to wait for his core to heal before he woke up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arthur leywin pov:

"Arthur!"

My eyes shot open as I tried to cycle mana through my body only for my body to protest and stop me from the pain that shot through me.

Everything was blurry but I could tell I was in my room now inside the castle. My breathing was still short and erratic as my left hand gripped onto something soft and warm.

"Arthur," the familiar, soothing voice called out to me again.

I turned my head, blinking away the tears still forming in my eyes.

Next to me, holding my hand, was Tessia. Her eyes were red and there were tears welling up in her eyes.

"Tessia?" My voice came out dry and raspy. "Why are you crying?"

"Dummy." She choked back a laugh, smiling as her tears rolled down her cheek. "I could ask you the same thing."

I touched my hand to my eye feeling the tear from my memory of my times with Cecilia and Nico in our last lives.

My gaze remained on Tess. She was smiling-laughing, even-from relief and embarrassment as she wiped away her tears.

My girlfriend, the elven princess had changed. There was a faint scar just along her hairline above her right ear that would've gone unnoticed had she not tied up her hair. Scars from battles were visible all over her arms while her left forearm had a fresh bandage wrapped around it.

"You're hurt," I noted, gently tracing the line of blood seeping through her bandage with my fingers.

Noticing my sullen expression, she grabbed onto my scarred hand tenderly with both hands. "Oh please, I have more injuries from attempting to cook for you than from actually fighting."

I let out a wry chuckle at the memory. I didn't pull away from her grasp. Despite the callouses on her palms and fingers, her hand felt soft and warm compared to mine.

Tessia continued to voice her concern, shaking her head. "Do you have any idea how scared I was when I heard the news?"

"Not really I passed out after the two retainers barely escaped me," I asked, staring at the stunned expression on the princess.

"You're unbelievable. Your thoughts immediately go to that? You almost died, Arthur!"

"I'm just glad you're doing well," I replied with a grin.

Tess let out a sigh, leaning her head on my arm. "I don't even have the strength to argue with you."

I let out a chuckle, squeezing Tess's hand. Time seemed to slow down for a brief moment as the two of us stayed like this in silence.