Ch 36 Poisonwood

I looked closer at the Elderwoods core, its swirling core the same hues of red and green as poison and soulfire. Considering what I just figured out and how difficult poison and soulfire are to Control as well as draining a lot more so than any other element I had access to, What is with this core?

"Well, only one way to find out." I meditated focusing in on the Beast core, The vast empty plane Of my mental state while meditating appeared, And out of the shadows the Elderwood Guardian appeared, The Guardian was a more sickly green than when I had fought it, the vines that comprised its body looked to be made of a swirling liquid poison mixed into the vines; If this is how the Elderwood Guardian really looked I must have not been able to tell due to the cavern not being the brightest even though it was enough to fight in.

The Guardian had a blackish spot on its neck which seemed to be the corrupted section of the guardian remained, If Tess were to use this will it would take control of her and Agrona was able to manipulate her through it.

The Elderwood raised its right arm made of vines, the poison leaked out of its vines and condensed into its drill spear and thrust it towards me.

Acting on its own mind my body in my mental space activated its beast will, My body instantly becoming more draconic than human, the frost aura around me surged freezing the Lance of poison, causing it to crumble along with its arm.

turning around I could see my beast will, It was made of a cloud of storm magic resembling the Storm dragon from which it originated, it gave me a firm nod like Bahamut used to do as well, seems like some fraction of hiss soul or something is still in there.

turning back to the Elderwood I saw the black portion of its neck through the mana perception of the Storm Soul, The black area looked to be a Malignant Cancer slowly spreading from its neck towards its mana core, or more aptly in this situation the core of the beast will.

I launched myself at the guardian, my hand encased in an erratic fury of Frost Fire and Lightning the crazed smile stemming from the joy of battle rising on my face as the sense of superiority from the power of asuras slowly encapsulated my being.

With a wave of its drill spear, a tsunami of poisoned vines tore its way at me, each one raring to rip and corrode me into a pile of sludge.

[Mutilating shell]

The biting winds around me turned erratic and sharp, spinning around me like a whirlwind, the winds moving around me so fast it roared out like a thousand swords whistling through the air accompanied by a legion of whip cracks.

I flew through the sea of corroding vines like a cannon through a tree. The winds burst forth slashing, bisecting, severing, and mutilating the vines that got close. the poison that flowed through the vines being blown away before they could burn me.

I emerged from the other side of the ocean of vines with a burst of severed tendrils and the blast of the sound barrier-breaking behind me. I appeared on the cancerous side of the Guardian's neck.

"time for some surgery big guy, hope you're fine without anesthesia!"

I slammed my hand into its neck like a scalpel, my magic set to only freeze the corrupted mana from it.

prying my hand out the frost fire froze a 3rd of the Guardians neck who was trying to tear me off but to no avail as my wind barrier simply reduced the vines that attacked me to ribbons.

My hand slammed into the frozen section digging my claws into the frozen vines, I augmented my body tearing out the section like it was a blanket on a bed. My lighting mana burned tore through the rest of its body burning out any remaining trace of its corruption.