CH 107 Rough Night?

Claire Bladeheart Pov:

I Wandered towards the Kitchen of the Typhon, my throat parched, and my shoulders weighed down from exhaustion, and sore from yelling at the troops in training today. There had been a few of my unit and the others units who had been captured or killed although none of them went down without a fight.

Suddenly I heard the smell of beef stew wafted through the air but rather than hearing the Simmering of a pot, a loud clang and snap rang out, I rounded the corner and saw a head of curly black hair that I knew all too well except that it was white at the roots now.

"Y-your awake!!" I stammered out, I could feel my heart skip a beat and my body started burning up. Finally, after a month and a half, he was awake, Awake long enough to tell me he wouldn't do that again. Awake so that he could help us end this bloodshed, the one he had been preparing for since before Xyrus.

But soon I felt a pang in my heart as he slumped to the ground throwing the pot towards the sink as well as the broken knife and its blade stuck into the wall. I ran up to him as he leaned against the cabinets beneath the countertops.

I wrapped my arms around him holding him gently, barely holding back the urge to slap him for making me wait that long, for just being asleep while we fought Mana beast and Alacryan alike. He just stayed silent sniffling sporadically as he avoided holding me. I could see his hands move towards me before pulling away reluctantly.

"What's wrong Al?" I asked softly while my lip quivered, mentally preparing myself for the worst. I hoped that after waiting almost two months next to his unconscious body when I wasn't fighting for him to only say he didn't love me anymore.

My chest hurt like a sword had been running through it and twisted, seeing him like this made me remember he wasn't the invincible soldier of a god he had portrayed himself as, Rather the person he truly was, a gentle person to the ones he cared about the one that was only truly afraid of seeing his loved ones hurt and nothing else.

"I-I- I can't believe what I've done, I fucked up the Beef stew." He sniffled out, looking at the spilled broth on his hands like it was my spilled blood.

"PFFFTT!" I snorted at the overreaction, I know Al loves his Stews and cooking for me but to think he would mess it up this bad just made it impossible not to laugh.

"Claire this is no laughing matter, That stew tasted like some random common housewife recipe! and not the refined delicacy this recipe is!" He threw his hands up in the air as if he was trying to atone for his sins.

"I'm sorry but this being the first thing you do after I find out you're awake is just, Ahahahah~!" I whipped a tear from my eye as I continued laughing. "You're bound to be hungry after waking up, I'll cook you something so just sit down and let me cook for you for once." I chided him, shaking a finger at him when he tried to object.

"I'm not sure if I trust you with cooking..." He narrowed his eyes on me. Other than his blatantly rude comment which sadly wasn't unfounded, I noticed his red eyes seemed a shade lighter than the red the blood-red they normally were. The others did say he wasn't entirely human now did at least make this not the most shocking thing.

Wait for a second, I'm not gonna let him off the hook for insulting my cooking even if he is the better cook!

"First you don't even hug me back, and now you insult me. if I didn't know you better I would have wrung out your neck here and now." I admonished him, making him look extremely guilty. as he pulled out a chair and accidentally snapped part of the metal backrest of it which was pretty thin in the first place.

"Sorry about that... After I woke up I found out that I don't have the best control over my output of mana as well as my body being a lot stronger physically. hence me fucking up the stew and snapping a knife in half." He looked down at the table resting his forehead into the back of his hand sounding extremely depressed.