CH 34 Restraining Order

KASPIAN BLADEHEART'S POV:

After escorting the runt of the Wykes House, I arrived back to my seat, tempted to burn the towering stack of paperwork that had accumulated over the past few days. After taking a deep breath, I slid a parchment from the top of the pile when the faint creak of the door tugged at my attention.

It was the masked adventurer's Note and Felwinter. Closing the door behind themselves, Notes warbled baritone voice whispers out in a barely-discernable sound.

"Mr. Bladeheart, you haven't forgotten what you said about wanting to truly help me, correct?"

I sharp chill ran down my spine; his seemingly harmless words stabbed into me like a looming threat. Ignoring my angst, I held my stoic facade, straightening my glasses before responding. "Of course. Your personal connection to Mrs. Flamesworth, as well as your own potential, had been regarded favorably by the Guild."

The masked adventurers, whose identity-or even age-I could not guess, nodded their heads. I knew he was somehow connected to the Leywin household and the twin horns but even a thorough background search had turned out fruitless, Although I suspected one of them to be Alexander Shard, The leader of the twin horns Helen Shard's adopted son.

"Good," Felwinter answered. "we plan to take a very extensive break from being adventurers Kaspian, so we would like to implore you for a favor."

The way they talked sounded anything like an imploration, but I motioned for the two of them to continue.

"Please, go on," I said, my curiosity aroused.

Alexander Shard POV

After Lucas's betrayal, we needed to tie up a few loose ends, First of which was Lucas's punishment, which needed to be held in front of a panel of judges comprised of high-rank guild workers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were Seated in the descending gallery of a small amphitheater-like room, I faced the panel along with Arthur and Lucas as the elderly robed men behind the raised desk looked through their notes.

After a seemingly endless moment of unnerving silence, one of the elderly men that was taller than the four beside him stood up and cleared his throat. "On behalf of the Adventurer's Guild and the panel that is present here, I hereby declare the conjurer, Lucas Wykes, formally stripped of his A class ranking for sabotage, endangerment, and Wilfully attacking his party members during a dungeon excursion. Furthermore, he is prohibited from re-enlisting as an adventurer forever.

A thick-bearded panel member besides the one that had just spoken banged his gavel, creating a loud echo across the room as Lucas begrudgingly handed his enchanted card.

Looks like they're willing to give up Lucas and his entire family on behalf of us two AA-Rank masked adventurers.

Lucas had been pretty riled up from our brazen act of retaliation back at Kaspian's office. Ever since then, I'm sure he had nothing but boiling rage pent up in that little body of his, but after learning from Kaspian that we had defeated the Elderwood Guardian, rather than escape from it, his rage-fueled vendetta had been filled with doubt.

"Next to be put on trial is the augmenter, Note, and the conjurer, Felwinter. Faced with the clear enmity with Lucas Wykes and possible the whole Wykes Family displayed by the act of aggression against Lucas, on behalf of the panel and the entirety of the Adventurer Guild"-the judge glanced at his peers to his left and right-"I hereby declare a temporary ban from Xyrus City during the entire duration of Lucas Wykes' attendance at Xyrus Academy."