Ch 11 The will of the North wind

I woke up under a tree with a dull throbbing in my mana core, "what the hell happened?" as I spoke aloud to myself I remembered what happened. We were attacked by a horde of slave traders and had fought them off, Arthur fell off the cliff because he took a hit for his mother and I jumped down after him, then I was pulled off him by telekinesis using mana or something, Apparently, I was supposed to be taken care of by some other person that Silva called her brethren meaning their likely an Indrath clan member or an ally.

"You're finally awake, mortal." a voice boomed in my head the depth of the voice gave off the impression of it being gargantuan and ancient.

"Your the one Silvia talked about aren't you?"

"That is correct, I am the one Silvia has entrusted you to, Mortal." the voice echoed in my head.

"I'm guessing I'm not near you?"

"That is correct my cavern is 10 kilometers from your location." as he said this my vision flew out my body to a birds-eye view then I saw a glowing cave 10 Km north from my location and it imprinted its location into my mind.

"you should move before nightfall mortal."

with that I sat in the lotus position and opened up my mana veins to the atmospheric mana rapidly drawing in a massive amount of mana till the point it overflowed a bit like I had stuffed myself with food more than I could eat, I then compressed the mana and launched it out from my core in a pulse bringing a small amount of the impurities out of my core bringing it to the solid red stage.

"well that's a welcome surprise, I should remember to purify like this again."

I had augmented my legs and then set off running and jumping through the forest. This reminds me of the forest behind the house in Ashber, Because of that training and my body being well devolved compared to most other 4 years old's and augmenting my body I was able to make the 10-kilometer journey in under 2 hours, I arrived at the cave entrance it was a hole in a cliff face hidden from sunlight by the trees in the forest blotting out the sun.

"I wish I had fire magic." I cursed my luck under my breath, I grabbed a dead and dry branch off the ground, pulling out my hatched I hacked a Grove in one end of it and roughed it up a bit. Walking over to the entrance of the cave I pulled out my hatched strapped to my belt and hit part of the rock wall, A single spark flew off and was caught on the end of the dead branch, I used wind magic to supply it all the oxygen it needed and the end of the branch burst into flames.

I walked down into the cave my torch in one hand, hatchet in the other, I walked down the long winding tunnel, the voice of that other Indrath told me which path to take when it forked or to look for shortcuts and hiding spots from the few mana bests that hid in the caves. After going through the caves for well over an hour I sat down against the wall.

that's when a pit opened up underneath me dropping me into an abyss below, as far as I knew it was bottomless. thrusting my hands out in front of me my mana leaked into the air bending the atmospheric mana to my will, countless wind gales coalesced in my hand building in pressure and ferocity.

"wind head my call, Gales grant my wish, gather here and rampage, sunder my foes and blow away those I battle. Turbulent Tempest!!" I roared, the wind in my palms blasted out under me breaking any rocks that could hit me on the way down and tremendously slowing my descent. after a while, I ran low on mana and dispelled it only to charge a blast to slow me just before impact.

after I hit the ground I found myself in an empty passage and followed it as there was nowhere left to go. After a while I found myself in a large cavern covered in ice and snow (look at the banner above the title) I could tell that this cavern should be well below -20 C but I felt like it was room temperature, my breath was white, not a fog but like all the moisture in my breath froze the second it left my body. I recalled Boreas that i had a natural resistance to the cold so I guess this was it.

"you're finally here mortal." I turned around to see a massive dragon sitting lying among some ancient ruins that looked like a castle carved out of the rockface and natural formations.

The dragon was lying down on a pile of collapsed rock and snow, he was easily 50 plus meters long with a tail to match it, its were a faint blueish white, they looked like a mix of chitin, A blueish metal, and pure ice, his eyes glowed a faint gold. ice spikes jetted out around his enormous draconic body, The aura he gave off was that of a King, No, A God of dragons and ice.

But there was some blood leaking out of his wounds and one of his wings was patched by sheets of ice and bone replaced part of the bones in his wing, part of his tail was replaced with ice

I stumbled back in shock falling into a pile of snow, He watched me fall, his breath icy and white.

"welcome child to my temporary abode, I am the Dragon Of The Norther wind, known as the Winter Dragon of the storm, Bahamut"

With petrifying golden eyes Bahamut gazed down at me, while menacing, it carried an oddly tranquil quality. Two massive horns made of chitin that faded to ice protruded out the sides of its head. It had a mouth with two ice fangs peeking out of its lips.

"is it so cold here your lips are frozen shut?"

"N-no" was all I said, all I needed to say. To say Bahamut was terrifyingly scary was an understatement, I had a resistance to the cold but his gaze was bone-chilling, so much so I thought I had frostbite till I remembered that I was immune to that, And the mana this Dragon gave off made me feel so Insignificant, tiny, and weak I had to Augment myself at first to not pass out, My rapid learning kicked in and after a bit, I was used to the purity of mana this Bahamut gave off

"As the last of my race the Storm Dragons, Allied to the Indrath, with the consulting of lady Silvia I shall make you my successor and protector of my child"