Ch 31 Dire tombs II

On the other side of the doors that Reginald blew out of its frame was the massive and beautiful grass meadow where the Elderwood Guardian laid in wait for us unbeknownst to the others.

"Let me guess, this field wasn't here last time either," Reginald muttered

Brald let out a sharp breath. "N-No, nothing of the sort."

Stepping into the meadow, I studied the large area looking for the Elderwood Guardian I looked up to see the rows of stalactites high up on the ceiling.

"Wow! It's so pretty!" Samantha gasped, her head constantly turning to take in the view.

"I don't like the look of this, everyone watch yourself," I Warned everyone.

"As If any Mana Beast Could Harm my noble self." Lucas boasted.

I Could feel my anger bubble, part of me telling me to kill him here and now, no that would have to wait for now, Me and Art will kill him in time when he betrays us or attacks Xyrus after joining

Everyone's guards seemed to be down except for Jasmine and Elijah, whose eyes kept darting around searching for anything suspicious.

"Something's off. Keep your guards up, everyone." Art reminded his shortsword in his right and left hand on the grip of Dawn's Ballad, which was still sheathed.

"Are you sure? I don't even hear anything, let alone see much besides the grass and trees," Kriol asked dubiously. I could tell he was a bit doubtful but he followed my advice and raised his shield.

I continued examining our surroundings to see what was making me feel so tense. The light that radiated from the stalactites glowed much brighter than the ones from the previous caves. There was also a thin veil of haze layered over the meadow but that was it. There was literally nothing else besides the plants and this mist.

What am I missing?

However, soon enough, the mist around us began to gradually grow more dense, eventually thick enough so that I could only make out the shapes of everyone around me.

'fuck it's here I cursed mentally.

I reached out mentality to Zephyr "Zeph can you hear me? me and Art are about to fight an Elderwood guardian or something on its scale."

"what!? Dad Are You Ok!?" Zeph responded back through our link, his Voice was more deep and refined like a teenager.

"Yes for now we're ok, Your hunting with Sylv right?"

"Yes, She is right here with me."

"Both of you get over to us where the dungeon is, don't come in yet just wait outside in your smaller forms until one of us calls out."

"Alright we'll be there"

Suddenly, a deep thud broke through the silence hovering around the mist.

"Clara? Is that you? H-How are you alive?"

I whipped my head in the direction of the voice in time to see that Kriol had dropped his gigantic shield and was holding his arms out, reaching desperately at something in the distance.

"I knew you couldn't be dead, Clara! Stay there! I'm coming to get you!" Kriol bolted off, leaving his shield behind him.

I blasted the mist back and tried to pull him back with water magic but right before I could pull him back I saw him get dragged in by the Guardians vines.

"Dammit!" I yelled readying my Ice blades.

"can you deal with the mist?" I heard Jasmine's voice right next to me, but even with how close she was, it was becoming hard to make out details inside the haze.