Ch 32 Balmung

"Arthur now's the time," I said my breath strained and white.

Taking a deep breath, I closed my eyes, searching deep within my mana core for the Storm soul, the slumbering power Bahamut gave me. Releasing it, I was met with an almost strangling amount of energy as my body shifted to be more draconic, as I shivered from the stasis particles rousing in my mana core when I assimilated them into it.

The world around blurred, Specs of green, blue, purple, and Dark Red, enveloped my vision, The mana snapping to a ridged form around me like the, I saw my stray hairs in front of my eyes go from pitch black to luminescent white fading to royal blue at the edges.

"Phase Two," I let out a strained breath. "Storm soul."

As the words left my mouth I felt my body twitch and jolt from the lightning arcing erratically from my body as the runes spread over my body, my nails turned to claws that conducted mana like electricity in a superconductor.

My mask fell off my face from my Horns emerged from my temples segmented and jagged, they wrapped around my head like a crown. The elbows on my coat ripped and tore as my elbow grew spines made of bone and ice burst through them.

Activating Storm soul startled Zeph, who was now frantically asking me what had happened while running through the dungeon.

It's fine, Zeph. But bring Silvie as we might not be able to get up after this for a while.

"Alright we'll be there, but we're stepping in if things go bad."

'Got it' I shot back turning back to the Elderwood Guardian.

Right now, though, was one of those times when my first phase wouldn't be so useful. No matter how much the physical boost was nor claws sharps and mana conduction, I wouldn't be able to dodge or escape from it in one piece.

There was no other choice, Besides using [Ragnorok] From the 8th mental spellbook from my storm soul, and the backlash was no joke for that spell.

As I unleashed the dormant power of Bahamut's will deep inside my Mana Core, I felt every pore in my body open as a surge of mana began raging in and out of my body.

The space around me distorted and the ground below my feet began cracking from the mana surrounding my body.

The color drained from my vision as I was only able to see in shades of gray. The only colors I was able to see were from the numerous particles of mana in the atmosphere around me, Green, Blue, purple, and some Dark Red ones.

The surge of mana that had been rampaging around me suddenly got sucked up and compressed into my body as the feeling of insurmountable power overwhelmed me. The sense of superiority over everything, living or not, in this universe, almost drove me crazy. I suppressed the growing temptation to obliterate everything around me out of sheer mania restring that urge to only the Elderwood Guardian.

The mana in the atmosphere bent to my will as if even the natural order was now under my command.

After redirecting the voices inside my head that suggested I go on a rampage to only my enemy's, I examined my surroundings. Jasmine and Elijah were the only ones left, Lucas was Frozen to the ground unconscious. Elijah was beside Jasmine now, who was still out of breath and sweating in pain, supporting her with his shoulders. Elijah was staring at Us with a dazed expression, his once serious face almost comical as his glasses drooped down his broken nose.

Arthur and I exchanged glances feeling our presence breaking the natural order of mana and how it's manipulated.

"Rip and Tear my dear Cousin?"