Ch 53 Field Trip Prep

Alexander Shard pov

"Remember this is a friendly duel, don't kill each other!" Claire announced as she stabbed her sword in the ground.

Both Theo and Elijah nodded in consent before Claire signaled for the duel to begin.

Theodore immediately took off, charging at him like a frenzied bull. Elijah stomped the ground, shards of the earth the size of his body flew at Theodore.

Theodore didn't really get what he was doing as he kept charging at Elijah, growing more and more frustrated from him running away and throwing earthen spears at him.

"Do you think I'll let you keep running around?" he roared as the spikes that Elijah launched towards him all started floating and shattered into dust.

Theodore thrust himself toward him during the short span that he decreased the gravity around him, increasing his speed tremendously.

Elijah just stood in place and took the massive hit to the gut that Theo threw at him without flinching, The ground under Elijah shattered and was reformed around Theo trapping his legs.

"Elijah you sly son of a bitch!" I Laughed figuring out what he did.

"What just happened Al?" Claire asked confused as to why the ground broke and Elijah didn't flinch.

"Elijah has a layer of dirt on him that took the blow and transferred the force of his punch into the ground," I explained while snickering because Theo basically just lost the fight because he can't even hurt Elijah right now.

Elijah dashed forward using the ground to push up against his feat Like he was moving in the same direction a treadmill was moving below you.

Theodore's initial expression of surprise turned into a cocky grin as he clenched his fist.

"Fall," he snarled. The sudden change in gravity Stopped Elijah in his tracks before he had the dust layer take the blow and slowly augmented himself, something he wasn't the best at but was good enough for now.

With a victorious grin on his wild, unshaven face, he took one last step to get in range for the final blow when Elijah shot him a smirk and pointed upwards with his finger in response, Theo remembering the trick from Arthur looked up immediately.

"it says gullible on the ceiling." Elijah snickered before slamming Theo in the chest with his war hammer launching him into the wall. Upon impact, Theo's body was tied to the wall with restrains made of earth magic constructs.

"STOP!"

Claire got in between the two of us as she made sure Theodore, who already regained consciousness, was okay. By that time, Theodore had already shoved the rock off of him as he silently dusted his uniform. He would probably get a nasty bruise on his back but his mana-enhanced body allowed him to avoid any serious injury-the rock wasn't too big after all.

"Good duel, Theo."

-----------------------------------

5-week time skip

For the past several weeks, nothing noteworthy happened, Professor glory had told me about the upcoming field trip she was planning for the class three weeks ago and that most of the dungeons she normally had brought her class to were closed by the council of Dicathen for some reason. This made me remember the events of widows crypt, And although Alea shouldn't be there or die due to the warning the same didn't go for Uto, He may very well be there when we show up.

After classes for the past week three weeks I forced Arthur, Elijah, Tess, Claire, and myself to the training room after our classes when we weren't patrolling to train all of us and advance our core levels as much as possible.