Ch 80 Old Memories

Claire Bladeheart Pov:

Letting go of the black ribbon In my hair I Listened to the gentle lullaby of morning breeze sent a slight chill up my exposed back, as I overlooked the sea of white clouds and the serene blue sky above them, as the morning sun shone down on at me. Looking down was the endlessly rolling green hills, the grey and jagged grand mountains with their snow-capped peaks and flowing streams drew a line across the land below me.

The rhythmic Clack of boots in a refined and highly practiced gait alerted me to the approach of the gunmetal grey-haired beast tamer, She was joining me on my first assignment in the grand army of Dicathen trailblazers division.

"Even on the last day, we're in the Castle you are always here in the morning," Tessia said indifferently as she handed me a cup of coffee.

"It just helps me clear my mind," I spoke as I warmed myself with my fire mana as I took a sip of the coffee, the Familiar flavor of the Latte made me remember when times were less serious, Of when Id wake up sprawled over a pile of documents, A cup of warm coffee next to me and a blanket over my shoulders.

Alexander was fast asleep in the chair next to me with the pile of the documents he pulled from under me completed and Stacked neatly. and a note next to me telling me not to push myself too hard.

"Hehe~ This was his favorite you know, Back in Xyrus I mean." I Chuckled as I struggled to choke back a tear as I tried to smile, But I couldn't not after my last memory of him seeing being him telling Zephyr to keep me safe and to not let me see what he was going to do.

"Y-Yea." Tessa's voice trembled slightly as she sat next to me, I heard her leather gloves squeak from her tightening her grip on the hem of her skirt and pressing her legs shut tightly. Her reaction to anything pertaining to Xyrus academy had become much less these past two years but it had clearly traumatized her.

The Stories and rumors about the three of them spread like wildfire. Elijah Had been nicknamed the "Avenger" after He killed Dranreeve. Arthur Had been known as the "White Death" among the humans and Dwarves, But the Elves held him in high regard for killing the humans who shared blood with Lucas Wykes, Although My teacher the elven lance Aya Grephin didn't talk about it the entire Wykes household being brutally murdered and tortured over the course of two weeks seemed like something she would have done.

Alexander got the Shortest end of the stick when it came to his reputation after the incident, Even some of the most sadistic of the elves who would have tortured the boy agreed he took it too far. His nickname had become Infamous far and wide, rivaling the age-old legend of the boogeyman. He had been named the "Frosthorned Demon."

I hated hearing that name, Each time I heard it Tess had to hold me back from beating or killing the person who spoke it. He didn't deserve the bad reputation entirely, While I Don't approve of his actions I do admit that Lucas had to die.

Alexander Was the sweetest, most considerate, and loving person I knew. Just thinking of the fact that he loves me makes me want to squeal with joy but I haven't seen him in two and a half years.

"Sorry for bringing it up..." I whispered back to Tessia as I looked down off the ledge of the flying Castle's ledge.

"It's Alright, I know you didn't mean to... You're still thinking about him, Right?" She said softly as her grip on her skirt.

"Yea, Always. Your the same with Arthur Aren't you." I tried to perk up her mood.

"Yes, He was always was a bit silly, But there was that serious side that he had that even my Grandfather couldn't match." She laughed softly while we both gazed down at the Wall separating the beast glades and Sapin.