CH 105 The Foundries

Elijah Knight Pov:

Cries and shouts of agony and rage tore out around me as Alacryan's and dwarven traitors fell into pits of Molten rock causing plumes of glowing molten rock infused with soulfire. Around me stood mages and non-mages alike, knights made of magma from my Adopted brother Olfred.

I spotted one Alacryan standing out from the crowd cutting through the golems that I had conjured, this would have been an impressive feat had I actually given a shit about their durability. These golems were human-sized and moved fast, they were meant to be an endless horde that mowed them down.

But that one Alacryan was actually handling them pretty well, I looked at his crest sown onto his battle robes and recognized the blood he belonged to, House Alastair. They were new blood that consisted of only a few but they were recognized for being fairly strong. One of them was likely to be my retainer If I didn't betray Agrona.

"COME AT ME!! I AM LORD ALASTAIR, AND I SHALL NOT BE SLAIN BY MEAR DOLLS!" He shouted cutting down another of my earthen soldier

"He seems like their commander, Do you want to handle him or shall I?" Olfread's voice echoed next to me as he let forth a blast of lava towards another group of Alacryan's.

"I have a new spell I want to try," I smirked looking at the soon-to-be-dead man.

Metal wires erupted from the ground wrapping around him chaining his body to the ground. Contrarily to soulfire when I used Lava magic produced from the fusion of my soulfire and earth magic it was extremely hot.

The blackened molten rock crept up the steel wires making them glow a luminescent red, His cries of pride and strength turned to shouts of agony and terror as he saw the wires string him in place began to toast him alive.

"GRRRAGGHHHHH IT BURNS!!!" He screamed as his armour melted, grafting the molten sludge of metal and rock to his skin. I watched as he writhed within the gnarled confines of the prison of melted armour and flesh.

Feeling the shocked and terrified gaze of my soldiers and half brother I sank his body into a pit of lava and sealed him to drown in the hole of lava.

After the rest of the mages in our units finished off the rest of the attackers and traitors I willed a wall of metal to rise from the floor of battle-scarred rock, below me sealing off this entrance to the Foundries of Darv.

"That was..."

"Theo... shut the fuck up. Alexander's ruthlessness rubbed off on all of us to an extent," I sighed, cutting off my former teammate in the Xyrus D.C that me and Al, Art, and Claire were all a part of.

"These attacks on the Foundries have been occurring more often than usual right?" I asked nobody in particular. continuing from the awkward silence left in the wake of my gruesome spell.

"Indeed they have, Keep working on your project, I and my soldiers will press on and gain us some buffer space in case of more attacks." Olfred Sighed as he opened a new path through the stone walls.

"Thanks, In case any Vritra blooded Alacryan shows up just call me on a scroll." I waved him off as he closed the cave behind his soldiers.

Turning back to my troop of 75 mages, mostly dwarves that had most if not all had deviants, same as the humans that were just a mixed bag of elements. "We're moving back to the Foundries, Help the artificers and construction crews if you can, the rest of you are on security with the others." My voice boomed through the Stone walls of the cavern filled with buildings made of Stone seemingly moulded from the earth itself.

----------------

Pushing open the massive gates I instantly felt hot, the air from the forges and the constant hammering of the massive hammers reminding me of the massive power hammers in our old world but instead of running on electricity, they were Moved by mana and the runes carved into them.