Ch 72 Final Test

A/N Wasn't feeling too good yesterday so I slept early and ended up passing out for like 10 hours and woke up at 2 am and had to do last-minute homework so that the reason for no chapter yesterday

Alexander Shard Pov:

Over a month had passed in the outside world which meant about 2 years has passed in here. Two years of continuous, torturous training with Virgil's short lectures and breaks inside being for my sanity, although I could tell my sanity had slipped a bit by my limbs being chopped off only for me to replace them with fully functional Ice copies had become a reflex.

Over the course of the month that had actually passed, I have had no contact with Zeph outside of a few short updates. The number of times I have been dying and forced out of the soul realm has drastically reduced. The liquid that surrounded our bodies was the same as Arthur and Elijah and their trainers. put us into a mock comatose state, even supplying us with the nutrients needed to stay healthy.

The last time we had left the soul realm was about a year ago in here, which translated to a little short of two weeks outside.

Virgil had kept me busy, but even then, I couldn't help but have fantasies about meeting Claire again, And holy shit I miss her so fucking much. I Didn't know If she Was conscious but I was 99% sure she was, the attack that hit her was only strong enough to knock her out for a day or so judging by the burn marks on her from the lightning But a decent emitter shoulda been more than enough, And I had Rinia give gramps the soulfire healing spell bead for me and train her as well.

I knew that training right now was the best thing to do, but it ate away at me whenever I thought about it. Also, Virgil had been training me using faster and faster speeds after I could dodge his previous speed consistently for a while.

"H-How... How long... did I last?" I breathed out, finally able to form words as I rolled onto my back.

"You're improving, half a minute" he replied, dodging my question.

I sat up, turning around to face him as I continued to catch my breath. "Not long enough, right?"

"No, not nearly long enough. our bodies are very different fundamentally so Until you hit the integration stage you won't be able to use the Blade Storm Style to its full potential because it was made for Asura's," he spoke sternly flicking the blood from his sword. I swear if I didn't know that sword was red before we started I would think it was stained red from my blood.

"Now, again. But with Balmung" He said flourishing his crimson blade.

"Boreas be dammed, my wrists are gonna kill me when I do it with Balmung." I cursed mentally summoning it to the soul realm to my open hand.

"Once I have ingrained the sword forms into your very soul, and brought out your true potential to a point I can say you have mastered the Blade storm and can be a worthy successor I will cut, rend, sever, and stab you till you near your breaking point and allow you to heal; much like tempering a blade."

"The first lesson I had taught you was how to stay alive. More specifically, you were to get a grasp of fighting at higher speeds while trying to dodge a set routine of attacks; And Later to use your instinct and speed to counter a random, varied, and unpredictable barrage of attacks. for the last year here it was to learn the forms and theory of the blade storm. And now it's to use the magic and Sword forms." Virgil lectured while vanishing from my vision

"Your right foot is a millimeter too far back." Virgil's voice resounded in my ears as if he was right behind me as I watched the figure if I had been concentrating on flash away.

Realizing that it had been an afterimage, I whipped my head back but I was too late. A clean blow to my gash on my back sent agony through me as I instantly corrected my mistake and Spun my great sword at his neck only to be met with empty air as he was 10 meters away.