Ch 100 Awakening

3rd person pov:

"Arming in 3...2...1... Armed!" Sulivan Called out as the Tripmine thrummed to life before hiding its mana signature.

Toland laid one hand on the tree and the other had his old worn tome slightly floating above his open hand, its pages flipping as the tree twisted and pulled three orbs of wood.

"I have extracted the foreign magic, The spell is most curious indeed. a three-point array that once activated will emit a large presence as if to act as a lighthouse or so." the age-worn elf spoke flipping through the pages of his book and writing in new pages.

"Toland What even is in that old book?" Noah asked from the adjacent tree that the tripwire was pinned into.

"Knowledge forbidden to us mere mortals, The power of these secrets is immense but if given to a mere mortal would drive them Mad." The elf spoke in his raspy and deep voice as he shut the book with a quiet clap placing it in his leather holster on his tip that clip shut by itself.

A faint rustle entered Maeve's ear, she shot to my feet on the branch she was sitting on, she drew her scythe from a dimension ring. Everyone drew their weapons looking in the same direction her eye's shot towards.

"200 meters ahead at the top of the tree. four of them from what I can hear." she relayed what she sensed.

the four of them dashed from tree to tree rushing towards the disturbance in the forest, others on the same operation hopefully and Alacryan's at the worst case. they had made it a good distance from Zenister since the operation began three weeks ago, they were roughly 14 kilometres away from the capital so the mages of Dicathen were still sparing no effort in checking every single disturbance in the forest no matter how far from the capital they were.

Every tree within a 5-kilometre radius of the capital was trapped and the amount dissipated past that mark it was still extremely dense. Maeve cast a Soundspell on her group deafening their movements as they hid their mana signatures rushing towards the sound as they attempted to get the drop on them.

Suddenly they stopped lost track of their position, Maeve froze looking from tree to tree letting out pulses of mana. She had lost their tracks at all even with her extremely sensitive hearing.

"veil went up, Comb the area," Sully called out noticing The small Elf's irritation.

Toland stopped on a tree before placing his hand on it, The nearby trees pulsed as they started moving live living vines, they formed footholds for his teammates when needed as the tree expelled more of the orbs of wood containing the arrays of mana before he hacked them to pieces dispersing the mana to the air.

"They're nearby, these weren't nearly as well hidden as the previous ones." He informed as I Maeve and Noah swung and lept from tree to tree, hunting their prey.

Toland grasped a branch and jumped from the tree, the wood grew acting like a rope lowering him to the ground softly. I could sense him as he neared tracks I pointed out. His hands rubbed the tracks feeling the moisture in the earth.

His hand pointed towards a tree as our eyes drew followed the path of it. "Burst," Toland uttered as the Treetop erupted in a web of wooden stakes Skewering one of them and raining blood on the others as the Concealing veil dropped.

they dashed from treetop to treetop as we rushed down the remaining three mages fleeing on the ground of the forest. Blasts Of fire came towards Sulivan's team scorching trees and lighting fires on the ground. Maeve swung around a tree flinging herself towards the sword-wielding Striker appearing as no more than a denser cloud of fog.

Her scythe gleamed in the cloud clashing with a pannel of pure mana in the air at the Striker's throat. his body erupted into a suit of flames, the fire burst at Maeve too fast for her to react to, The Short elf's scorched hair and Flesh filled the air with a foul odour of death and decay as she wailed in pain.