Ch 87 Brewing Storm

Before Virion had the chance to respond, the dark wooden door to the meeting room suddenly flew open as an armoured soldier desperately stumbled into the room.

"Commander, Lord," the soldier greeted hurriedly, still trying to catch his breath.

"What is it?" Virion asked impatiently.

"Th-They've been sighted, Commander. Approaching the western coast." The soldier's voice quivered in restrained fear. "The sh-ships."

I bolted up from my seat at the soldier's news. "Where exactly did you see them?"

"J-Just a few miles south of Etistin... Sir," he replied, hesitant on what to call me because of my age.

I rushed past the guard and headed out the door. "Come on, Zeph."

"Wait! Al, what are you doing?" Claire and virion called from behind, their voices laced with concern.

"Clipping their wings," I responded without turning back.

Claire grabbed my arm with a determined look to follow me into this fight. "Like hell, I'm letting you go to war by yourself!" She scolded me.

"They likely have an armed escort, Likely even a Retainer or Scythe which Is why I don't want you to come with me," I said knowing she didn't like this at all.

"If you not back before midnight I'm hunting you down myself." She sniffled as I could feel one of her tears hit my arm.

"I promise, And If I don't feel free to stab me with this." I handed her the sword Wren made for that he so affectionately named the Sundance mk.2 after his previous best sword that was the same shade of crimson.

Claire gave me a surprised expression before giving me a happy smile as she let my runoff. Zeph and I sped toward the teleportation gate room, dodging past several surprised workers and guards.

Upon reaching the familiar double iron doors we had come through, we saw two guards that weren't there before guarding either side of the doors.

"open the doors," I requested which was more of an order than anything, impatience evident in my voice.

The male guard, clad in heavy armour with a longsword strapped to his back and two smaller blades bound to both sides of his waist stepped forward with a stern expression. "All entries and exits are to be approved of by either Commander Virion or Lord Aldir. We haven't heard of your departure from either of them so no can do, kid."

"Let me through before I tear the door open myself," I threatened as my fingers were starting to transition into claws.

"No matter how lofty you think you royal kids are, learn some respect for your elders."

The female conjurer that looked to be middle-aged, dressed in a lavish robe and a hood that covered her hair, quickly intervened, hoping to quell the situation. She spoke in a gentle voice as if she was talking to a child. "It's dangerous for you to go out alone in these times. Maybe if you have a guardian you-"

She stopped in her tracks as she choked on her last words. Both the guards crumbled to their knees as they clawed at their throats desperately. They gasped for air like fish out of the water as I took another step forward looking down at them.

"Let's try this again," I spoke with Frosted breath as the area around me was coated in frost as My horns showed themselves from my release of Storm Soul to make a point. "Open. The. Fucking. Door." I spoke in a venomous voice, my sound magic-infused voice hijacking their nervous system puppeteering them back to their feet and releasing them once they were standing.