Ch20 Bonded

I jumped out of my bed and carefully rummaged through my robe to locate the egg that Bahamut entrusted me with.

"H-haha...Holy shit..." I breathed out as I fell back on my ass, staring at the egg made of ice.

"Wra~!"

And what used to be an egg was now hatched and looking right at me.

The first thing that had come into mind was that it reminded me of Bahamut. It looked sort of like a dragon. It kind of reminded me of a White-bearded dragon, but its scales had a slight blue tinge on edge of them. It was sitting on all fours, studying at me with its head tilted to one side. The sclera was white like a human, its irises were a bright blue with golden sheen around the pupils, which were sharp slits that would normally make it look menacing, but with the body of something akin to a small lizard, it just looked adorable. The most noticeable difference between a dragon-like Bahamut and this little lizard was that it had no horns on its head just 2 hard and pointy bumps on its head above its eyes and 3 more pairs of bumped parts that looked like where Bahamut's ice horns were.

 The most noticeable difference between a dragon-like Bahamut and this little lizard was that it had no horns on its head just 2 hard and pointy bumps on its head above its eyes and 3 more pairs of bumped parts that looked like where Bahamut's ice...

Its snout was just a little bit more pointed and looked more like Bahamut than a bearded dragon, otherwise the same. The tail, though, looked exactly like Bahamut's tail. It was a reptilian tail that had two spikes at the end. Along the spine of this hatchling were also small teal spikes that matched the color of its eyes. It didn't have wings but where the wings should be located were, instead, two small bumps.

I could see that its belly had blue scales, though; it looked sort of leathery.

The newly hatched creature suddenly let out a cute high-pitched sneeze, toppling on its back after losing balance.

And in response, I was flushed with the overwhelming urge to embrace this creature.

"wra~?" that cute sound it made was relaxed, curious, and happy and it sounded like a dragon trying to roar but sounded more like a puppy howling.

It locked its sharp eyes at me with intelligence that didn't match its appearance.

"H-hi little fella, I'm Alexander." I stretched my hand out towards it as if it were a dog that needed to know my scent.

"WRA~!" It jumped off of the chair and onto my lap, gazing up at me.

I could feel my hands twitch as I suppressed the urge to squeeze it. Unlike the aura of majesty, justice, pure fucking terror, and nightmare fule that Bahamut had, this Lil guy was dangerous in a different sense.

the Lil guy is too dam cute.

Unable to hold in the urge, I carefully petted the adorable menace. The scales were surprisingly soft and the blue spikes that ran down its back felt like rubber. I guess young animals, whether humans or monsters were all squishy and soft. It started purring, closing its eyes.