Ch 51 New Marks

"Today's the day I make you Fight all out, Al!" Claire declared unsheathing her rapier.

"Maybe in swordsmanship but not magic." I joked back pulling Balmung from my dimension ring.

"I haven't seen you fight with that sword yet, Poor Ravenpor didn't even get you to hit him!" She joked.

"I felt bad for the guy, he even dropped out of the class after Glory said I'll be training them after her regular lessons,"

"I can't blame him though, you aren't exactly conjurer or newbie friendly." Claire scolded me a bit.

"fair enough." I shrugged getting into a stance with Blamung pointed straight backward from where Claire was.

Claire got into her stance that I had grown to know all too well, she was planning a thrust right at my neck like usual. It was a clear move that if it didn't hit she could quickly move into a slash. Although rapiers were generally made for thrusting attacks they still could be used as traditional swords and slash as well and Claire's blade was a bit thinner than Dawn's ballad but it was sturdy for its size.

"Ready or not!" I Called out smiling at her with the regular gentle smile I used around her, opposed to the battle-crazed one I used in any other fight.

"HERE I COME!" She Finished My sentence as we dashed at each other with an explosion behind her, and the wind whistling behind me.

The instant she was in range she thrust at my neck keeping her footwork balanced, I stepped into her thrust and tilted my head ever so slightly, dodging her blade by a millimeter.

I planted my front foot in front and tilted my hips and back, swinging my great sword upwards, Claire stepped to the left dodging me and thrusting again.

I kept with the momentum of my swing and finished the upwards arc of my sword, Her rapier deflected off of Balmung harmlessly without a hard impact.

I spun right swinging Balmung In a horizontal slash at her waist, Claire jumped up and ran up my blade towards me, I pulled my sword back towards me and tilted it above me blocking her rapier.

Claire dashed back with a smile on her face. "you're faster than I thought!" She panted out getting into her stance.

"I aim to please," I said but felt a warmth roll down the side of my cheek just below my left eye, I touched it, and low and behold my thumb was stained red, She had actually managed to cut me with the wind coming off her blade alone.

I looked up at her and we were both smiling in pride. "I'm not a masochist like Arthur But I hope that scars so we both remember your first hit in a fight with me," I confessed licking the blood off my thumb.

"same here! and please don't lick your blood like that, It makes me feel strangely happy." She was blunt with me, And I liked how straightforward she was and I'm not sure if she is just happy she cut me without me letting her or If I just awakened a new kink for her.

"I do as am asked of m'lady," I said with a respectful bow in a joking voice.

"Oh really then? show me some of that power your hiding then?" She asked with a sly grin. This is exactly what I didn't want her to ask me.

"What makes you think I'm hiding something?"

"You showed me that you were abandoned by Lucas in that dungeon with an Elderwood Guardian and nothing else, So with what you and Arthur show in terms of strength it's clear your hiding a lot." She deadpanned me.

"I really can't hide anything from you can I?" I sighed rubbing the back of my head and picked Balmung back up placing it into my Ring.

"Nope, I am your girlfriend after all!" She gave me a cheery smile excited about what I'm about to show her.