Ch 55 Widows Crypt Pt 1

"WAKE UP!!" Ellie's voice pounded through my head as she screamed at the top of her lungs directly next to my ear.

"What? What's going on?" My eyes still half-closed, I whipped my head back and forth to see if there was an emergency.

"Sheesh! You suck at waking up." Ellie probably woke up not too long ago, evident by her bedhead.

"Haha, your hair looks crazy." I shot her a grin as I ruffled her hair.

"Eek! Stop it! Your hair looks weird too!" Hopping out of bed, she ran out of my room, reminding me to wash up.

"I got it, I got it" I waved her away to wake up Arthur, making her giggle, before going downstairs.

Zeph woke up on his own from my Elli's shouting but his eyes kept blinking slowly as Zeph dragged himself behind me.

After washing up, I made sure I had a few basic necessities on me. This included my dimension ring with my weapons Artemis and Its quiver Steel arrows that conducted mana well. My swords Tempestarii, and Balmung; All of which were stored inside Along with some brownies Claire Asked me to bring as well as dried rations, firewood, Cooking gear, a flint and steel, spare clothes, My mask I used as Felwinter, and a Few spell beads that mostly only contained mana, there were a few with spells in them but they were only minor spells.

And the armband made of a scale that was on Zeph's Egg that I used to cover Zephyr's bond mark on my forearm, It hid my mana signature that was altered once Bahamut gave me his will and I would rather keep it hidden for now.

Walking downstairs, my nose picked up on the soft scent of a meaty soup. When I reached the kitchen, I spotted Rey, Alice, and Ellie sitting around the table, drowsiness still evident on their faces from being up early at dawn, Arthur came out of his room following behind me still half awake, I could sense he had crushed one of the spell beads I gave him to cover the marks and I was doing the same with my magic.

"Hope you don't mind. The chef is cooking breakfast for you. We're probably going to go back to sleep after we see you off." Alice gave us a tired smile.

I pulled up a chair and took a seat next to Arthur who was next to Ellie. "Not at all. In fact, you really didn't have to wake up and see me off." Arthur answered sleepily. I just started eating the soup.

"Be vigilant, no matter how easy you think the dungeon may be. It's called a dungeon because you never know of the dangers inside," Rey warned us, his bedhead ablaze.

While I could refute him and tell him it was two spells that killed it, I didn't have the energy and the soup was so good it didn't matter to me.

Looking at my Aunt, the strain on her face was hard not to notice as she struggled for the right words. "...Just, please be careful, the both of you. I know how strong you two are but I can't stand it every time I see you hurt, it's just that..." Her voice faded at the end.

"Hmm?" Arthur questioned confused before remembering that Reynolds told him to let Alice take it slow with the whole thing about Lensa their deceased party member, Which Arthur didn't know about yet.

"It-It's nothing. Just be safe.... and keep your eyes on that girl, Tessia, as well. You have to protect her if things get tough, okay?" Giving Arthur a gentle smile that didn't seem to reach her eyes, she reached forward and patted our heads.

"Are you going to be coming home right after your dungeon excursion?" my father asked after giving me a hug.

"No, not right after. I'll be back for a whole week next week though, for a break. There's some kind of special festival going on in the city, right?" Arthur Said while eating a spoonful of his soup.