Ch 10 The Begining Of The Journy

A/N some people will call alexander, Alex some will call him AL it just depends on the person

Alexander Shard pov

After Arthur and I talked we agreed to have a spar with him using mana to put us on even terms, we met the next morning in the back yard each of us with wooden swords.

"train me well Art." I joked knowing my learning speed is going to confuse him.

"let's see how good you are..... Alex why are you copying me?"

"I said train me Didn't I? also once I grasp the basics ill make my own style."

"your funeral then." He stated flatly then charged at me with a downwards stroke.

Focusing mana solely on my eyes and brain slowing my perception of time down a bit I dogged Arthurs slash by dodging the minimum amount, damm this Is harder than I thought, I jumped back and pointed the tip of the sword at Arthur.

"better to doge then block right?"

Arthur dashed towards me going for a diagonal slash from my left, I held my sword reverse grip to the side to block it but watched his feet closely for that footwork he was so proud of. low and behold he feinted, Then stamped off the ground and blinked to my right then slashed up to my bottom right, I thrust my hand down to that side and twisted my hand, My wood sword whistled through the air and barely blocked it.

I jumped back and twirled the sword in my hand, my enhanced learning speed making me memorize the weight and reach.

"you sure this is your first time with a sword?" Art said in disbelief.

"I'm just a fast learner and goes with what feels natural, well that and copying your moves as much as I can."

"weren't you trained in the weapons the twin horns uses?"

"just a bit"

both of us tensed our muscles and let mana flow through us pooling in our legs with a single thought all of the power shot through us launching us at each other, I flipped my wooden sword to reverse grip and uppercut at him flooding the mana to my arm and I heard the handle crack in my hand under the pressure.

Arthur jumped into a downwards slash coming right into the path of my sword wind whistling.

The instant our swords clashed they repelled each other for a bit as there was a contest of strength, then the mana reinforcements we were using broke, and the swords shattered sending splinters and wood chunks everywhere, we both lost our balance and fell on the ground.

"cheap ass wood" I cursed aloud.

"agreed" echoed Arthur

"ALEXANDER SHARD!!" my eyes went wide and I looked up to see Helen looking down at me.

"y-y-yes mom?" my voice shook as I answered her.

"who taught you to curse?" her voice sounded calm and warm but I knew that if I say "Adam did" he would die.

"I heard someone in the town square say it when they broke something."