Ch 115 Counterattack

STEFFAN VALE

"Oh, Great Vritra," I muttered under my breath, watching a shield lose his footing, almost getting trampled in the process.

"Shields, keep up those defensive panels! Don't let any of the beasts stray off," I barked out before looking down at the mysterious black ore I had been ordered to break once the beasts were all inside the Elshire Forest.

I watched as hundreds of corrupted beasts were herded through the walls of translucent panels casted by teams of shields. It was a peculiar sight as monsters that would normally be nowhere near each other walked sluggishly abreast. hound-sized spiders, large wolves and even serpents with heads on both ends 'marched' together, unaware of what was going on. Several unads served to protect each of the shields just in case any of the beasts broke free.

Turning my attention back to the task at hand, I watched as teams of mages stood on standby as more and more of the corrupted beasts disappeared into the thick, hazy forest that was home to the elves in Dicathen. As soon as the last of the monsters herded out from the Northern Beast Glades were deep inside the dense array of trees, I held up the black ore.

"Una-non-mages, front line positions with weapons out. Strikers, behind them with your shields and casters nearby. Prepare to charge at a given notice!" I ordered as everyone shuffled into place.

I didn't know how those corrupted beasts were sedated but the artifact entrusted to me seemed to work like a charm. As soon as I shattered the ore, releasing the effects of my control, vicious growls, snarls, and roars broke out from within the forest.

looking deeper into the forest I saw a wave of mist rushing towards us, kicking up dirt as it reached us in an instant.

My skull pounded in pain as I fell to my knees, my hands slammed over my ears, trying to block out whatever was that piercing blast of noise.

"What The Hell Is going on?!" I yelled, roared even. but I couldn't even hear my own voice. only a piercing ring in my ears as if lightning had just struck me.

Looks of confusion, unrest, and worry were shared around all of us, our voices stifled by a deafening silence left in the aftermath. Everyone waited for my orders.

I spoke as the ringing in my ears subsided, I watched as the mana beasts buckled in the line of shields running away from something, an instant later I knew what it was. Smoke, I could see the line of fire washing towards us like a stallion.

Turning Around I saw the deplorable unads turning tail and running, coving themselves in the rancid liquid that protected themselves from the corrupted mana beasts.

"Caster's Clear a path!" I roared out cladding my whole body in mana-a perk of my newly acquired crest.

Blasts and tornados of wind, Cutters of water and waves surged overhead clearing a path through the fire as it rushed past us.

When the fire passed murmurs of confusion and shock rose from the troops, because not a singular tree in this forest that was passed through with a wall of fire was burned.

"You need to work on the potency of your spells when concealing them Claire," A voice rang out above us, Snapping my head up I saw two figures, a woman in a black dress with red accents matching her hair, the armour she wore atop it made it look regal, like something a scythe would wear, elegant and effective.

"I'm still getting used to having a white core, Al. Also avoiding burning trees in a forest is difficult." She shot back as my eyes fell on the other figure, My heart sank into my chest as I recognized his features. Curly black hair, sovereign red eyes, And armour with jet black scales and snow-white armour plates. Most deplorable of all, A belt with the horns of countless Vritra blooded.