CH 12 Storm Magic

Alexander Shard pov

"w-what!? successor? child? what do you mean by that? why me?" I questioned him.

"silence while I speak alexander." he gestured to his wounds and wings held together by ice.

"As you can see I am greatly injured from my fight against a foe named Agrona, you will come to learn of and battle him and his army's in coming years, and I have been given this particular wound." he unfurled a wing from his side showing a massive festering black gash frozen in purple-tinted ice.

"this wound eats away at one's soul, and as such cannot be healed only slowed, the wound eats away at me the more I use my power the faster I will be consumed by it. I already sense great potential in you to surpass me in the name of Storm Dragon of the northern wind."

"and better yet how do you mortal possess the storm mana core? wait that's not right"

I felt his gaze bore down into my chest peering into my core, I attempted to use the knowledge Boreas gave me to disguise my core, but it was of no use

"ooh well this is surprising, you do not possess the storm mana core of my clan but it is very similar, potentially even stronger, yet it still functions as a normal mana core as well."

"you saw through the shell, well it's of no use hiding the truth about it, I can assume you know how old I really am?"

I felt his gaze bore into my soul as he looked into my eyes.

"your soul is 21 but your body is 4 years old, how is that possible?"

"I won't give you specifics but my brother is in similar circumstances, although all of his power here is from his own efforts a majority of mine is due to outside interference."

"oh, what kind of interference gives your mana core the power to potentially outstrip the asuras?" right after Bahamut said this I saw his eye twitch as he most likely realized what had given me this power.

"Don't worry I'm not here on his behalf, he has no control over me whatsoever. And my 'mana core' as he called it is an 'Hoarfrost heart'."

"The Hoarfrost heart? interesting." at the same time, he said this Bahamut's body glowed and starting from his eyes glowed a snow-white and blue glowing patterns resembling frost on glass wrapped around his body, some parts flowing like a gentle wind while other parts were jagged like lightning and broken ice, his eyes went from golden to a blue with a gold line around his slit-shaped pupils.

his eyes focused on my mana core as he looked past the blue shell and saw it create a stasis particle.

"w-what?? How did you do that? That's Impossible!?" His voice boomed, A few icicles fell from the roof into the ruins as he rushed towards me to examine it closely.

"Alexander you must hide how that energy in the blue shell is made, there are some in the Indrath clan who may kill you in hopes to try and take your power."

"I was planning on that. But anyways how am I going to be your successor?"

"I will train you in the mana arts of my clan the storm Dragons, we are a branch clan of the Indrath clan, their princess is the one who has taken in your brother."

nodding in silence I listened to his explanation as the storm dragons weren't in tbate and probably exist because of Boreas changing something.

"Our clan's mana core is different than the normal ones that the Indrath possess, in your terms we are tri elementals being water, fire, and wind; But here is the different part, we possess a singular deviancy mana art as you call it we call it storm mana hence the named storm mana core."