Ch 2 The Frozen Tomb

POV: Hellen Shard

The Adventures Guild Had sent me and the Twin Horns to investigate a team of 6 missing adventurers who had dived into the Frozen Tomb Dungeon.

"w-w-we should have brought a fire conjurer with us." Adam stammered out as he shivered from the cold.

"Aren't you augmenting yourself, Adam?" I said breathing into my hands to warm them up.

"Good idea," Adam said under his breath trying to hide the fact he forgot that augmenting yourself helps with the cold.

jasmine and Angela shook their heads in disappearing and Durden "lightly" slapped the back of Adams's head. Adam promptly "slipped" and fell face-first onto the ice.

3 Hours Later
The further we delved into the dungeon going ended up on the 5th floor we didn't encounter any living mana beasts, all we found was blood-stained, snow-frozen mana best limbs, discarded and broken staffs, armour and weapons, and footprints leading deeper into the dungeon.

"This doesn't look good," Jasmine said looking and sounding worried, And this coming from her showed just how unnerved we all were from this situation.

"everyone keep ready for anything according to the map the boss room is next," I warned as we don't know what to expect because of a team of 6 adventurers B and A class adventurers.

We followed the trail of blood into a cave up ahead leading us into a labyrinth made purely of cloudy ice. Pulling the map that the guild have us from my back pocket I guided us through the maze with Jasmine leading us through the corridors as her fighting style wasn't hampered by the narrow passages.

When we neared the end of the maze the halls opened to a wide-open cavern of rock with massive icicles hanging from the roof. We formed into a diamond formation with Durden and Angela at the back Jasmin and Adam at the front and me in the middle we moved forward.

Suddenly Adam and Jasmin Stopped.

"what is it you two?" I questioned them confused as to why they stopped.

"We Found the Party Helen," Adam said in a sombre tone.

I looked past him only to see a sight none should have to see, it turned my stomach making me bite back my meal from earlier.

6 dead bodies, limbs torn off and strewn around, their blood frozen into a puddle and icicles that hung from their frostbitten flesh.

the rest of us whispered profanities under our breath. looking closer at the bodies to identify them for the guild I sensed saw what looked like an infant's hand twitch.

"Oh my God is that a Baby!?" Adam and Durden shouted at the same time and rushed over to the baby picking up the baby gently as Durden wrapped the infant in a spare fur-lined cloak he was carrying.

I rushed up to the child and put my hand on its head hoping to whatever god is out there that this child hasn't frozen. He was warm, warmer than even we were with furlined clothing. "he's not cold at all!??" I exclaimed in shock, Still trying to process what was going on when I felt a bone-chilling claw grasp my ankle.

I snapped my head over and pulled an arrow to stab whatever grabbed me when I saw one of the adventurers barely holding onto life.

"He Is Still alive!!" I yelled as jasmine ran over holding a torch and blowing the warm air on the man. I see him look at me with a terrified look on his face.

"r-r-Run" the man weakly shouted with urgency.

"What!?" we all snapped to look at the man's warning confused.

"that Ice w-Wyvern isn't normal!." the man said with his last breath, As his arm dropped from my ankle, A deafening boom rang out as the wall collapsed, The temperature of the cavern dropped instantly.

When the dust cleared we saw it as an Ice Wyvern an S-Class mana beast. But it was injured, its wings were sundered and scorched with swords embedded into its scales, Its underbelly covered in cuts. Its roar shook the cavern the icicles fell and shattered sending all of us back to the entrance to the room.

An icicle fell and shattered hitting Durden in the shoulder sending him back to us, But the baby fell where he used to be standing.

Angela used a wind spell to soften the baby's landing. Bur right after that the Wyvern used its ice breath to build a massive thick wall of ice to seal off the cavern separating us from it.

That child, not even a year old was now stuck alone in a room with an Ice Wyvern. And all of us wouldn't be able to break the ice in time to save him.