Ch8 The Cores

Alexander Shard pov

It's been 2 years since me and Arthur had the talk about him coming to me when was about his core was about to awaken, this time had spent a large amount of his time meditating to form his core whenever he had the time to do it including when he couldn't sleep for some reason or another, the rest of the time was spent getting him used to his body with light exercise.

Me and Arthur tended to go to the forest and just race each other, running fast through the forest uneven terrain for a while helped train our body a lot and I have to say Art's learning speed was insane compared to Adam and the others who showed us this area, but I was faster, we all did this course without augmenting ourselves to even the playing field a bit, obviously, we still lost every time but our speed s increased tremendously we covered the 500-meter course littered with fallen trees, hills, and a stream or two. In an hour when we started because we got exhausted, But over the course of the two years we were able to do it in 45 minutes but we would still be winded by the end of it.

one day about 2 months before Arthurs 3'rd birthday we were just heading into the forest to have some peace and quiet from how loud the twin horns and Art's family was being because all the men had gotten drunk Especially Adam. Art told me he was ready to awaken.

"Ok well we're already at a safe distance from the house, might as well we both do it now," I said nonchalantly.

"I thought you were ready as well but I haven't seen you meditate even once?" Arthur questioned.

"Art I told you that your meditation would make your core way faster than normal, Did you seriously think I wasn't ready since I told you that?"

Arthur remain silent and just walked about 50 meters ahead, sat down in a small clearing, and began meditating, And a few minutes later.

BOOM, Arthur's mana core formed, And with it a massive shockwave of mana, tore through the forest splintering trees and throwing shards in every direction. I had taken cover in a small ditch so I didn't get hit by any splinters.

I peaked over to the ledge and saw Arthur levitating the crater left behind in the explosion it was around 30 meters in diameter, If Arthur had been in the house, There wouldn't have been a house just a new pond after a few weeks. And the others definitely heard that, I ran up to him quickly shouting from the edge of the crater.

 And the others definitely heard that, I ran up to him quickly shouting from the edge of the crater

(looks kinda like this)

"ARTHUR, OUR PARENTS DEFINITELY HEARD THAT SO ACT LIKE A KID WHEN THEY GET HERE!!, I'M GONNA RUN UP AHEAD AND FORM MY CORE ITS PROBABLY GONNA BE BIGGER THAN YOURS SO SLOW THEM DOWN IF YOU CAN!!" I shouted my plan to Arthur.

Arthur looked up at me gave me a thumbs up and yelled back "GOT IT". I then sprinted full tilt till I was about 150 meters away, I sat In the lotus position and started focusing all the mana to form my core around the "Blessing" Shard.