Ch16 The Gardens

About thirty minutes in and making I saw cracks leading Into light red and just as I'm about to widen the cracks further, I hear a knock on my door.

"yes?"

Opening the door, I'm greeted by a pouting Arthur, and Tessia who threw a light punch at my chest.

"You dummy! Why did you act all unfriendly when you were with my family back there," she harrumphed, slipping past me and sitting on my bed.

" you forgot to mention you are the princess of this entire kingdom." Shaking my head, Art gripped My shoulder and pulled me out of my room.

"Come on, Tess is showing us around the castle! we won't get the chance to visit this place again." he immediately regretted saying that.

I hear a slight sniffle as Tessia suddenly broke down into tears, trying to talk while sobbing.

"Art! I don't want you to *Sniff* leave..."

"...You're the first *Sniff* person I've gotten ever close to..."

I slapped the back of his head and whispered into his ear.

"If her family finds out we made her cry we might not leave here alive Arthur."

He immediately stiffened up in fear then ran over to her and comforted her, 'Arthur I am not going to let you fuck up this relationship before it starts.' I cursed Art out mentality.

he just gently patted her head while she was rubbing her eyes with the arm she wasn't holding onto.

After a bit, she calmed down and continued our guide around the castle.

As we continued walking in silence, except for Tess' soft sniffles, we made it outside, in the courtyard at the back of the castle. The floating orbs were giving off a dim, luminescent glow, lighting up the well-kept garden in a gentle atmosphere.

I couldn't help but imagine how differently this scene could've been played out if we were ten years older.

Before I even had the chance to finish my thought, A blatantly clear killing intent bombarded my senses. Milliseconds later a faint glimmer gave off the position of a projectile aimed at Tessia. I pulled the still crying princess close to me and instant cast a wind barrier, it caught the knife and launched it back at the attacker who dodged below it and threw another at Arthur.

"CATCH!!" I shouted and threw the Ice Short sword I had saved in my core to him.

He spun around catching it mid-spin using the rest of the spin to slash the Knife mid-flight. he dashed at the attacker and swung the sword to follow the spin his mana reinforced dash caused on his body.

the assailant leaned back just out of range and Arthur caught a glimpse of his face in a beam of moonlight, Reveling it to be elder virion.

Arthur jumped back out of his range before angrily shouting, "What the hell! Why are you trying to kill us?"

"Kid. It may hurt a little but I doubt that rubber blade I threw holding could kill anyone," he chuckled.

"however that Ice blade could have killed me if I didn't dodge in time." He spoke coldly.

"..." me and Arthur were silent, I had a hunch it was virion but the fact that Silvia had a scythe and two retainers show up as well as there being twice as many bandits during the caravan attack made me toss Art the sword as a precaution anyway.

Virion started chuckling under his breath for a second.

"Haha! Nice reaction, nice reaction! I didn't think you'd catch my little present and use it to block my next attack! Truly marvelous! However, Arthur your mana usage was mediocre at best!" He joked loudly