106. the devil's daughter - lucifer

summary
most believe when you mention the antichrist that they're gonna be the end of the world. really, she just wants her daddy to make her pancakes at 6am

romantic relationships
pre-lucifer morningstar x chloe decker

platonic relationships
lucifer morningstar & chloe decker
lucifer morningstar & mikey morningstar

cast
young raffey cassidy as michaela 'mikey' morningstar
tom ellis as lucifer morningstar
lauren german as chloe decker

fandom
lucifer

Lucifer is rather irritatingly brought out of his sleep - the first time he'd slept longer than an hour in a week mind you - by a really small hand patting his cheek repeatedly.

"Spawn, I love you, but if you keep hitting my cheek like that I'll smite you." He said gruffly, one eye peeking open to look at his daughter. Said daughter that was kneeling beside his chest, wearing a hoodie that came past her knees and had to be rolled up at the sleeves many times. Her raven hair was still thankfully in the braids he'd put them in before bed the previous night, and her favourite stuffed bear 'Reggie' was held tight to her chest with one hand.

"Don't be silly daddy." She giggled, squinting at him in a way that made his heart melt. "You couldn't hurt your baby hell spawn."

"Perhaps not." Lucifer agreed. He gave zero warning before he grabbed her and began tickling her. Loud, joyful squeals of laughter escaped her, soon Lucifer's own laughter joining them. "But the tickle monster will certainly avenge me!"

"S-s-sto-p-p-p!" She shrieked though laughter. "Please daddy!" He relented, uncontrollably smiling as she still giggled as she caught her breath.

"Now, what in hells name was cause for waking me so early, Mikey?" The name used to cause Lucifer a little pain to think about. Lucifer is certainly sure that when her mother named her she was doing it to hurt Lucifer, because naming the daughter of Lucifer, aka the Devil, Michaela Morningstar, was cruel. But, after her rather unfortunate demise in a car accident a year earlier that lead to Lucifer gaining full custody of his year old daughter, slowly he grew to love and care for his daughter in a way he hadn't since he lost his twin brother a billion years ago. Her eyes were crystal blue, definitely her mother, but the rest was all Lucifer. And she hated her name, even at 3 years old. She insisted he called her Mikey, and he obliged even though it hurt for a while.

"You promised pancakes!" Mikey said as if it was obvious.

"Yes, at a reasonable hour, kid. Not 11 minutes past 6 in the morning." Lucifer dramatically flopped back onto the bed. Mikey giggled, bodily climbing over him until she was sitting on his stomach. She weighed nothing.

"Daddy!" Mikey pouted, and for a brief moment he hated Maze for teaching her that. "Please? I really want pancakes!"

"Urgh, fine." Quick as lightening Lucifer scooped up his daughter and slung her over his shoulder, earning another shriek of laughter as he strode into the kitchen. She was still giggling an hour later when, both of them covered in pancake batter but full stomachs from truly delicious pancakes, set about the mission to get ready for the day.

"So daddy has to consult with the Detective today." Lucifer began as they searched her closet first. She sat on her bed, shaking her head at the leggings he held up. "Unfortunately Mazikeen is currently away on some business so she can't look after you today. So you'll have to come with me."