57. hate crimes

summary
in which alec is attacked by a wolf and turned

relationships
magnus bane x alec lightwood

characters
matthew daddario as alec lightwood
katherine mcnamara as clary fray
dominic sherwood as jace wayland
emeraude toubia as izzy lightwood
harry shum jr as magnus bane

fandom
shadowhunters

(trigger warning; mentions of rape, laced drinks and abuse, read at owns descresion)

Jace let out a cry of pain, falling forward against the desk he, Clary and Izzy were standing around.

"Jace!" Clary gasped, grabbing his upper arm in support while Izzy did the same on his other side.

"It's Alec." He managed, pain flaring across his lower back and his shoulder, then he let out a cry and fell to the ground, crying out for his parabatai as the connection between them snapped, leaving Jace breathless and in pure agony. "Call Magnus." Clary fumbled for her phone, quickly dialling the high warlocks number.

"Biscuit! How can i-" Clary quickly cut him off.

"Is Alec with you?" She asked immediately.

"Not yet why?" She let out a vicious curse, jerking the phone away from her ear.

"He's not with Magnus." Jace paled considerably and scrambled away, obviously looking for something to track his parabatai with despite not being able to feel him anymore. "Magnus we need you to track Alec. Somethings wrong Jace can't feel Alec anymore." Clary explained hastily. "Text us when you get something." She quickly hung up her mobile and followed after Izzy and Jace, the latter of whom was holding Alec's personal bow he must have decided to forgo when he left. Seconds after Clary's phone buzzed and she had a location. "I have a location. Lets go."

When Alec woke up to incessant beeping and a disgusting smell, dread built up in his chest when pain flashed across his lower back when he shifted. He opened his eyes, only to close them again at the glare of the hospital light.

"Excuse me, Sir?" Alec snaps his eyes open at the unfamiliar voice that invaded his hearing, only to come face to face with a woman with deep blue skin, crystal blue eyes much like his own and white hair that flowed past her shoulders, briefly acknowledging her as a warlock.

"What..." Alec rasped, confused as hell. "What's going on?"

"You're at Ben Israel Hospital. You were attacked." She said gently. "Can you remember what happened?" She carefully helped him sit up, handing him a plastic cup with water that he accepted graciously.

"I was walking home." Alec furrowed his eyebrows, trying to remember what happened. "I took a shortcut through past the hunters moon..." memories flashed through his mind, trying to piece together what happened when his eyes fell on the silvery scar where is angelic rune once lay. "Where is it?" Alec ran his fingers over his skin, panic building up in his chest.

"Alec, i need you to breathe." She soothed and his eyes went wide.

"How do you know my name?" He wheezed out, hands scrambling to clutch onto something.