43. alec is distracted in a briefing

this one-shot is based off the prompt below.

If there was one thing that bugged Alec Lightwood more, it was boring clave meetings that he didn't need to be present for but they insisted. This time though they'd demanded all downworld council members be present so currently Alec was seated beside Magnus who had given up acting professional an hour ago and had his feet across Alec's lap and had taken his jacket off. He was intently listening of course, but sitting in one position for a long period of time was taxing, even for a warlock of his calliber. Alec had given up on listening, since he had already been briefed on the situation hours before the meeting and was messing with Magnus' rings. The warlock barely even noticed Alec's actions as Magnus began talking, inputting his opinions on the matters at hand while Alec twisted one of the rings on his hand. A light smile covered his lips, especially uncommon for Alec as he removed one of the rings and put it on himself, then placing it back on Magnus before he even noticed the room had gone silent.

"What?" Alec asked in confusion, eyeing everyone who was smiling in amusement as Magnus laced their fingers together with a happy sigh.

"Nothing my dear."

authors note

this one is even shorter than the last one but it was only a short and sweet one.

enjoyy