138. earth vs the pegasus galaxy - sga

summary
ronon and teyla find out that the people who are revered and worshipped in the pegasus galaxy are shunned and hated on earth

relationships
n/a

cast
rachel luttrell as teyla emmagan
torri higginson as doctor elizabeth weir
david hewlett as doctor rodney mckay
joe flanigan as lt colonel john sheppard
jason momoa as specialist ronon dex

fandoms
merlin(magic based)
stargate atlantis

-

Rodney had spent his entire life hiding something he was born with. It wasn't something he could control, something he could stamp down until it disappeared forever. He was 16 the first time the nightmares came, when he would wake up with evil branded behind his eyes that glowed gold with magic and smash anything in the room. Not long after that he was branded, taken into the testing facilities and marked with three dots in the shape of a triangle behind his ear. The mark of the sorcerers. He kept it covered up, buried himself in his work. Then he worked at Area 51, then at the SGC where he met Sam Carter and Daniel Jackson, two sorcerers of high calibre. Both of them had known immediately, yet neither said anything and Rodney was grateful for that. Then Siberia happened, and then suddenly Rodney was in Antarctica working on Ancient technology and going to Atlantis.

Fast forward a year and a bit, Rodney still hadn't revealed his status to anyone, not even his team on Atlantis whom know everything about him. He kept it hidden, only using it in the confines of his quarters or his lab on a rare occasion he runs out of coffee and chocolate (one of the things he figured would be useful was creation magic - the ability to summon food, water and other basic needs but not anything dangerous or harmful like guns or plutonium rods or bombs unless specifically marked by his magic) or can't find a specific notebook filled with his notes that he can't remember if he left it in his lab or room. Rodney had never intended on telling anyone, either people who were like him knew, or nobody knew at all. Only thing was he didn't expect to find out that Teyla shared the gift, and Ronon was a chieftain on his world.

"I was 9 winters when the ancestors blessed my bloodline." Teyla began her story, a few weeks after Ronon had joined their team. He hadn't been as careful as Teyla had been with her Magic, and had accidentally lashed out with it against a wraith and practically ripped him apart in front of the team plus Major Lorne, leaving John and Lorne in shock, and Rodney deathly pale. "It is common for my people and those of this galaxy to inherit abilities such as the ones i was gifted. It starts with nightmares filled with violence, something no one so young should ever witness, fear that fuels your every waking moment, terrified to sleep that evening. I'd wake up screaming, and something would catch fire or explode and my eyes would glow a burning gold. It took many years, but soon after my father died and i became the leader of my people i mastered my abilities with the help of Charin, our elder and master of the craft. I can now conjure water on command and blend into objects with ease. I am a strong healer, and can hunt without the need for weapons." Rodney felt his hands shaking and clenched them into fists. When Teyla looked straight at him, Rodney gulped. "I realise Ronon hadn't told you when i saw the shock on John and Evan's faces."

"I was a Chieftain." Ronon grunted, Teyla lifting an eyebrow.

"And what does that mean?" Elizabeth asked.

"He is strong." Teyla explained. "Holds the ability to do powerful magic, like what Evan and John saw. Chieftain's are often the settlements warriors, hunters, healers, defenders."