108. injuries and alternate timelines - tua

summary
when they finally get back to 2019, they're met with the consequences of interacting with their father 20 years before they were adopted - and not in the way they were expecting at all

relationships
five hargreeves x matty hargreeves ( from when we met ff )
allison hargreeves x patrick scott ( past )
luther hargreeves x sarah holden ( oc )( past )
vanya hargreeves x jemma camden ( oc )
diego hargreeves x eudora patch
klaus hargreeves x dave katz
reginald hargreeves x grace hargreeves

cast
aidan gallagher as five hargreeves
cameron boyce as matty hargreeves
tom hopper as luther hargreeves
jordan claire robbins as grace hargreeves
colm feore as reginald hargreeves
adam godley as pogo
david castaneda as diego hargreeves
emmy raver-lampman as allison hargreeves
robert sheehan as klaus hargreeves
justin h min as ben hargreeves
elliot page as vanya hargreeves
coco assad as claire scott-hargreeves
braden hendrickson as patrick scott
ashley madekwe as eudora patch
cody ray thompson as dave katz

fandom
the umbrella academy

--

dallas...

texas...

1963...

"You all seem distrustful of me." Reginald said during his conversation with his future adopted children. "Am I to assume I was not a good parent, then?"

"You could say that." Five said with an eye roll.

"Oh, dads greatest hits." Klaus said sarcastically, leaning forward on his hands. "Let's go through the highlights, shall we."

"Klaus, don't." Allison tried but she was waved off, Klaus giving her a look. Nobody else spoke, knowing it had to be said.

"No, he needs to hear this, Al." Klaus insisted. She sighed, leaning back and nodding. Klaus continued when nobody else argued. "You bought us from our mothers and gave us numbers for names. One, two three, four, five, six and seven." Klaus pointed to each of them in turn, even though nobody but Klaus can see Ben, they all somewhat knew Ben was there even if Klaus denied it. "You locked me in a mausoleum to get me over my fear of the dead, never listening to the reason why I was so afraid of them, stating that I was a disappointment and a failure as a member of the Umbrella academy when I started taking drugs to keep the ghosts at bay because they never stopped screaming.

"You drugged Vanya for 30 years and isolated her from the rest of us because her powers were dangerous and controlled by her emotions and it terrified you. You forced Allison to brainwash her own sister into thinking she was just ordinary when she's probably the most powerful of us all, which likely means we," He gestured around at the group of adopted siblings, "were likely brainwashed to forget as well. You pitted Luther and Diego against each other for 16 years, made Diego feel like a piece of shit for having a stutter, something he had no control over, something that was a result of his birth.

"You made Five use his powers until he would pass out from exhaustion or puke or on one memorable occasion, nearly tear himself apart." Everybody winced at that particular memory. When Five had landed he'd torn the skin and muscle in his knee. The scream he'd emitted had haunted them for months afterwards. Their father had given them two days to rest until he was forced back into training. "Ben died because you forced him to use his powers over and over until they tore him apart. Allison would sometimes go days without being able to talk because you'd make her rumour people until she couldn't talk. You were a shit father, Reggie." Nobody said anything, nobody dared breathe after Klaus' confession. Reginald himself felt horrified.