114. bad days - b99

summary
when amy doesn't show up to work, captain holt sends jake to her apartment looking for her

relationships
jake peralta x amy santiago

cast
andy samberg as detective jake peralta
melissa fumero as detective amy santiago
andre braugher as captain raymond holt

fandom
brooklyn nine-nine

Jake stood in the middle of the bullpen with a worried frown on his face, arms crossed across his chest as he stares at the clock above the elevator that shows the time 0959, and yet there was no sign or word of Amy Santiago.

"Detective Peralta, why are you just standing there?" Captain Holt asked from the entrance of his office, and Jake looked at Holt with the clear worry on his face. Thankfully Terry and Charles had the day off and Rosa was out arresting some scumbag, so only Gina and Holt saw his expression. When Holt motioned for Jake to come into his office, Jake did so without hesitating. "What's on your mind, Detective?"

"Amy's not here." Jake said, and Holt's expression barely changed, but Jake just knew he was curious.

"Any idea why, Peralta?"

"I have a hunch, sir." Jake admitted. This had happened once before, with the last Captain. She didn't come into work for 3 days, then looked like shit for the next 3 and barely spoke before she was back to her usual self. "This isn't the first time it's happened. Before you came here, with Captain McHinley."

"I see." Holt frowned. "Why don't you take the rest of the morning off, go and check on her? Let me know how she is."

"Thank you." Jake said gratefully.

Nothing was different when Jake arrived at Amy's apartment, except the door wasn't locked and Amy was obsessive when it came to her routine. He entered the apartment swiftly and was surprised to smell bleach so strongly, but to also see broken glass and some blood.

"Ames?" Jake called, checking in the bathroom to see all of Amy's meticulously stocked medical supplies strewn across the room, blood in the sink and on the floor. Leaving with concern hammering through him, Jake stuck his head into Amy's bedroom only to relax upon seeing her curled up on top of the duvet, one of her hands covered with a bandage. His relief disappeared into concern again when she sniffled, and Jake crouched down beside her bed and grasped one of her hands, causing her to open her eyes. "Ames?"

"Why are you here?" Amy said so quietly it physically hurt Jake.

"I was worried." Jake admitted. "You never showed up for work."

"Sorry." Amy closed her eyes again for a minute, then re-opened them. "Can you- could you lay with me? Please?"

"Of course." Jake removed his shoes and jacket before climbing onto the bed beside amy, pulling her into his arms and letting her rest her head on his chest.

"Thank you."

"Anytime Ames."

authors note
short but sweet - sometimes all you need is a friend to be there when your having a really bad day