100. psych eval - sgu

summary
in which tj finally corners eli, and finds out about his issues

relationships
n/a

cast
david blue as eli wallace
alania huffman as tamara johansen

fandom
stargate universe

"Eli." TJ said, stopping in the doorway of where he'd set up residence. He was slumped over the console, aimlessly scrolling through the data from the attempt to dial home.

"Guess it's unavoidable, huh?" Eli sighed, turning around to face her.

"I just want to know where your heads at, that's all." TJ assured him, sitting down on the edge of his bed. "How are you coping?"

"Truthfully? It's getting harder." Eli sighed. "At first, it was fine, because i was still euphoric about being on an actual spaceship."

"It is pretty incredible." TJ admitted.

"But now?" Eli picked at his sleeves. "Now it's like i can't breathe."

"How so?" TJ wondered.

"Uh." Eli didn't know how to explain it, and instead pulled an orange pill bottle from his pocket, handing it over. "I've got 3 more days before i run out of the only thing keeping me from spiralling. Which will happen, just like before."

"Why didn't you tell me?" TJ scolded immediately, looking over the bottle. Eli ducked his head.

"It wasn't the biggest problem." Eli dismissed. "Look, i've dealt with this since i was a kid. I haven't had any massive episodes since i was 16 and even when i did go off my meds i could handle it. The only reason i even have those is because General O'Neill made sure i had them before we even got to Icarus. Before that i hadn't taken them in 4 years because i couldn't afford them which was also the reason why i dropped out of school." As Eli rambled, TJ gripped his hand gently.

"Eli, you're allowed to not be okay." TJ reminded him.

"I have to be right now." Eli said tightly. "And i've got a week before we know if this is gonna be particularly hard on me or not."

"Have you spoken to anybody about this?" TJ asked. "Matt or Chloe maybe?"

"No, just you." Eli said. "And i'd like to keep it that way, if that's okay. I know you'll need to tell Young, and that's fine. But i really don't need anyone else finding out, it's hard enough as it is."

"I wont tell anyone." TJ promised him. "And if you need anything, you can talk to me, okay?"

"Thanks."

authors note
a little thing i wrote after watching sgu 1x08