28. an unlikely union of souls

summary
in which damon was imprisoned by a witch with a grudge against his soulmate

relationships
klaus mikaelson x damon salvatore

cast
ian somerhalder as damon salvatore
joseph morgan as klaus mikaelson
danielle rose russell as hope mikaelson
daniel gillies as elijah mikaelson

fandoms
the vampire diaries
the originals

(this is totally au)

Damon stood in the courtyard of the Mikaelson Compound, staring up at the three levels of the building, listening for someone, anyone. He heard two female voices from a room on the top floor of the complex and was about to go up when he sensed someone behind him. He turned around, only to find a girl who looked around 15 standing behind him. She had beautiful long red hair and bright blue eyes that looked oh so familiar.

"Hello, Damon." The girl smiled, and Damon blinked.

"I don't know you." He said, more as a statement than anything else.

"No, but I know you. My name is Hope." Damon smiled at the girl, though he was still unsure of who she was. If he was honest he was still unsure of a lot of things right now.

"I know this is going to sound like an odd question, but can you tell me what year it is?" Damon asked Hope who merely smiled up at the raven-haired vampire.

"It's May 12th 2030." Damon took in a shaky gasped, stumbling back a few steps.

"Oh god, that's, um, 17 years." Hope frowned, holding one of her hands out to him.

"Can I hold your hand?" Hope asked Damon, who frowned and stepped back from the Mikaelson Tribrid.

"Why?"

"I want to confirm something." Damon held his hand out reluctantly and slid his hand into the little girl's, and he sucked in a breath when he found himself re-living one of his best memories.

memories...

Damon stepped into the mystic grill with an annoyed and tired expression. And all he wanted was a goddamn drink.

Damon slid into a bar stool two down from a blonde man wearing a black henley, a blue jacket and blue jeans. He was drinking what Damon assumed was bourbon, and he let out a sigh.