20. the hunter and the hunted

summary
in which sam winchester meets his soulmate, only he's one of the things sam was raised to hunt

romantic relationships
sam winchester x richard gecko

platonic relationships

n / a

cast
jared padalecki as sam winchester
jensen ackles as dean winchester
misha collins as castiel
maddison davenport as kate fuller
d.j cortana as seth gecko
zane holtz as richie gecko

fandoms
from dusk till dawn
supernatural

(this is a soulmate au fic. everything that's happened up until season 3 of fdtd happened, but only up to the end of season 11 happened. none of the stuff in season 12 happened, sorry to burst your bubble. to make this work timelines are gonna be thrown outta the window. kate is 23, and her soulmate is seth gecko, who is 28. richie was 25 when he became a culebra and is now 27. sam is 30 and dean is 34. I get that it makes no sense what so ever but just go with it yeah. this is going to be a little choppy, but I think it's gonna be sicckkkk.)

The Gecko brothers were much like the Winchester brothers.

They were wanted, idiots and all caught up in shit they didn't want to be.

So when they cross paths in Texas robbing a bank with Kate Fuller, well. Things get a little dicey.

Sam and Dean found themselves in Texas hunting a new species of monster from Mexico. The culebras were much like vampires, feasting on the blood, but more serpent like fangs and their skin changed texture. They tracked the two brothers to Houston, Texas, well Sam tracked their laptop to a motel on the outskirts of town.

Kate Fuller leant against Seth's car, a 1968 black Mercury Cougar in the parking lot of the motel they were staying at. She had her red hair pulled back in a French braid and a pair of dark sunglasses on her face. A black duffle bag sat at her feet as the two brothers sat in the car talking. Across the car park was the 1967 Chevy Impala, the two Winchester brothers standing at the trunk looking through the masses of weapons. Kate knocked on the window of the car, waiting for Richie to roll down the window.

"We have company boys." She said, still watching the brothers across the parking lot. Seth got out of the car, rounding the car to stand next to Kate as Richie stepped out of the car.

"It's the Winchester brothers," Richie said after a moment as they all watched a dark haired man in a beige trench coat climb out of the car Richie cursed. "Shit, Castiel is with them."

"What? Who the hell is Castiel?" Seth looked at his brother, but it was Kate who replied.

"The Seraph who took down Lucifer," Kate replied. "And the elder Winchesters soulmate." The brothers looked at her and she shrugged. "I do my research. Besides, when you grew up studying the bible you know everything about the legend of the Winchester brothers. If you believe that stuff anyway." A gun cocked, and Richie felt the barrel of a gun pressed against his temple, freezing in place.

"I don't believe we've met, Culebra." Castiel Winchester said, cocking his head slightly. Seth and Kate pull out their weapons, pointing them at the angel.

"You know what I am," Richie stated, not even asking.

"Of course. The Gecko brothers are famous in my world." Castiel spoke. Across the parking lot, Dean swore loudly when his eyes fell on Cas holding a gun to some guy's head.

"Shit, what goes through his head man." Dean groans, running across the car park with Sam right behind him. "Cas, lower the fucking gunman," Dean said, slowing to a stop when Seth and Kate move their aim towards the two brothers. Sam holds his hands up quickly, eyes darting between them.

"Cas, put the gun down." Dean tried again. "Please, man." Cas reluctantly lowered his weapon, giving Richie room to breathe. He adjusted his suit jacket slightly, looking at the angel while flickering his eyes.

"Do that again, and I'll feed on your carotid artery," Richie growled before Kate grabbed his upper arm and yanked him back.

"Shut the hell up dickface." Sam snorted, admiring Kate's fiery attitude.

"Sorry about our friend, he's been a little trigger-happy since Kansas." Sam told Richie, and the Gecko brother looked shell shocked. Never in a million years did Richie think he'd find his soulmate, least of all now since he'd become a Culebra. Seth and Kate both looked shocked as well, having seen the script written across the top of his back above his shoulder blade.

"As if my life couldn't get crazy enough," Richie replied, Sam's eyes widening. It couldn't be, right? "We have to mix you guys in now?" And yep, it definitely was and Sam couldn't help but keep gaping at the Gecko brother. Now it was Dean and Cas's turn to stare in disbelief, and Dean actually scoffed out loud.

"Great! Not only is my brother's soulmate a fucking wanted fugitive, but he's a fucking vampire." Richie glared at Dean, taking a threatening step forward.

"That's insulting." Richie glared. "I'm not a vampire, asshole." Richie let his eyes turn, and soon his whole face had changed, and he hissed at the Winchester brother. Sam stepped in front of Dean quickly, proving he wasn't scared at all by standing down the Culebra.

"Richie. For fuck's sake." Seth pointed his gun at Richie, shooting his brother in the leg. The Gecko glared at his brother, Culebra features melting away, and he was merely glaring at his brother.

"Why do you always fucking shoot me?!"

"Because you always fucking piss me off!" Seth yelled back, getting angry at his brother. "Now, I need a drink, so Kate and I are going to our room. Talk to your soulmate." Seth looked towards Dean, sending him a look that clearly said, 'you coming?' Dean nodded his head, clicking the safety back on and shoving it into the back of his jeans.

"Let's go Cas," Dean said, sparing a quick glance at his brother. "Sort this out, man." And with that, Sam and Richie were left standing at Seth's car as they left for the Gecko's motel room.

"Come on." Richie picked up the duffle bag at his feet and followed Sam towards the other Motel Room.

His back hit the door the second the door closed, and he came face to face with hazel eyes. Sam didn't say anything, nor did Richie.

"You died, three times." Richie finally said, noticing the way Sam flinched rather violently at the mention of it.

"I'm sorry," Sam whispered lips now dangerously close to Richie's. He lifted his hand up and curled it around the taller man's neck, and grinned.

"I know."