143. light years away - sgu, sga

summary
john and rodney are thrown into an unknown galaxy when the stargate has a power surge, and then shit gets crazier from there

relationships
matthew scott x chloe armstrong

cast
david hewlett as doctor rodney mckay
joe flanigan as colonel john sheppard
david blue as eli wallace
robert carlyle as doctor nicholas rush
elyse levesque as chloe armstrong
richard dean anderson as lt general jack o'neill
robert picardo as richard woolsey
peter kelamis as doctor adam brody
ming-na wen as camille wray

fandoms
stargate atlantis
stargate universe

-

In the desolate clearing on a planet, with the fading green day sky into the red night sky, the Stargate lit up and began turning, chevrons locking in and lighting up the dark clearing. A low breeze pushed through the clearing, rustling bushes and tree's, and the stargate's final chevron activated and the gate opened, the puddle expanding out before settling. For a few moments nothing happened, then-

"Fuck!" Doctor Rodney McKay came flying through the puddle, stumbling down the stone steps unable to catch his footing, and he threw his hands out in front of himself as he completely fell forward, crying out as he fell. A few seconds after him, Colonel John Sheppard flew, literally, out the gate, completely missing the steps and hitting the soft grass a few meters from where Rodney had gone down. The gate shut down, darkening the area a little bit.

"What the fuck?" John groaned, pushing himself onto his knee's while doing a quick survey of his body. "Rodney, you alright?"

"Define alright?" Rodney moaned, laying face first in the grass because moving hurt way to much to think about.

"Any broken bones?"

"Maybe a rib." Rodney tentatively tried sitting up, but the pain that flared up his side immediately told him it was a bad idea. "Oh shit! Yep, definetly a rib."

"Hang on." John stumbled to his feet and, despite the jelly leg feeling in his knees, made it over to Rodney. Unclipping the bag that Rodney always carried with him, John pushed it aside and managed to get Rodney onto his back. "Oh cut the crap McKay. I flew rescue missions out of Iraq, i know how to do a field medical assessment." Unzipping the tac vest and jacket while ignoring Rodney's bitching, John pushed Rodney's shirt up and quickly and efficiently examined the bruised area.

"So, is it broken?" Rodney groaned, grabbing onto John's upper arm with a groan every time John poked a particularly painful spot.

"No, just badly bruised." John stated. "I've got an ice pack in my bag somewhere."

"Oh great." Rodney said, moaning. "Help me sit up."

"Don't hurt yourself McKay." John said, but helped the Scientist up. "Now. Where the hell are we."

"Uh Sheppard, i don't think we're in Kansas anymore." Rodney said faintly, and John followed his gaze to the Stargate, one which didn't match up to any known Stargate they had on record. At least, not to the knowledge of the Lanteans nor the Tau'ri. Not to mention the sky, though it was the least of their problems.

"Well, this is new."

They set up camp a few klicks from the gate, in a small sheltered area. The gate was still in full view, and Rodney was sitting with his tablet in hand trying to figure out where the hell they were. After John had started a fire with what wood he could find and the firestarter in his bag, John had stripped down both of their packs to determine what supplies they both had.