137. acceptance pending - cm, sga

summary
after spending the night locked in a cell because of rodney mckay, spencer shows up to work looking worse for wear yet refusing to speak of the evening before events

romantic relationships
none

platonic relationships

cast
matthew gray gubler as doctor spencer reid
paget brewster as special agent emily prentiss
joe mantange as special agent david rossi
sheemar moore as special agent derek morgan
kristen vangness as technical analyst penelope garcia
thomas gibson as special agent in charge aaron hotchner
aj cook as special agent jj jareau
joe flanigan as lt colonel john sheppard
david hewlett as doctor rodney mckay

fandoms
stargate atlantis
criminal minds

Spencer honestly hated getting kidnapped. Every inch of his body ached and his arm burned, the feeling of stitches tugging against the skin making him agitated and the looks he kept getting from his team pissing him off. He knew he was bruised all over, his neck had a handprint shaped bruise on it and he had a small cut on his forehead, and was waiting for a call from Rodney McKay, who had promised to call him back when he knew more about the NID bastards that had kidnapped them. He'd been off work the day before, agreeing to do a consult with Doctor McKay on a highly classified math proof for the Air Force. Spencer hadn't asked questions, but due to his afflictions with McKay some Trust Operatives kidnapped them thinking he knew about state secrets, ones that Spencer only found out about after he was rescued.

"Reid." Spencer looked up from his book at his boss, who looked concerned. "Is there something you have to tell me?"

"Um, no, nothing." Spencer shook his head, going back to his book and Hotch looked stunned for a moment before recovering.

"Reid, you're covered in bruises." Hotch stressed, which was quite unlike him. "You look like you went ten rounds with Mike Tyson and lost. Badly."

"I'm afraid i'm not at liberty to disclose the how of my injuries." Hotch frowned at the formality in which Spencer deflected. "But you should see the other guy."

"Can you tell us why, Spence?" JJ asked, coming over and sitting beside Spencer, yet being careful not to touch him.

"Doctor Rodney McKay." Spencer finally said, and he looked a little angry at whoever that man was. "Smug son of a bitch, i'd shoot him if I could."

"What about who?" Derek asked, and Spencer looked a little weary about answering that.

"Agent Travis Halding, NID." Spencer finally said after a minute, and Hotch wrinkled his brow. "Don't bother trying to find him. He's dead." Spencer remembered how easily he shot that bastard through the head without an ounce of guilt when he'd tried to kill Rodney. He may hate the guy, but not enough to let him die. "Did it myself. Don't regret it, not when it was Rodney's life or his."

"Should you even be in the field?" JJ asked, and despite feeling a little touched by the concern, he pushed it back.

"My doctor cleared me for field work before I came into work this morning." Spencer explained easily. Doctor Pitt had been his attending physician since he'd gotten anthrax, the man knowing how to help with any complications that may arise with his lungs due to having another patient who'd had the pneumonic plague. "Apart from some minor cuts, deep bruising and a headache i'm perfectly fine. My chest is a little wheezy, but Dr Pitt said that should disappear by the end of the day. But if it keeps you sound of mind, i'll stay in the station for this case. I'm a little stiff anyhow."

"Alright then."

The case was pretty cut and dry, catching their unsub within three days of landing in Portland. They headed back, and by the time Spencer got to his apartment he was ready to crash for a week. Only to find McKay and his friend Sheppard standing in the hallway outside his apartment.

"You have some nerve showing up here McKay." Spencer glared, pushing past both of them and straight into his apartment, knowing they were both following him.

"Look, how many times do I have to apologies?" Rodney asked. "I've done it in every single way I know how."

"I don't want an apology." Spencer sighed, putting his badge, gun and ID in his gun safe and locking it. "McKay, I broke every moral i've ever had saving your life. I've killed two people in my FBI career, and you didn't even say thank you."

"You didn't say thank you?" John asked in disbelief, rounding on his co-worker with clear annoyance. "He's twenty-five and you got him kidnapped. He had to kill to save your sorry ass and you didn't even say sorry?"

"In my defence, it was a hectic twenty-four hours."

"There's no excuse!" John exclaimed. "Always apologise when you get someone kidnapped, and you always thank someone if they kill someone to save your damn life!"

"Alright alright!" Rodney rolled his eyes, then turned to the young genius. "Reid, i'm sorry I got you kidnapped and beaten, and thank you for saving my life."

"Apology noted, acceptance pending." Spencer smirked at Rodney's spluttering and John's choked off laughter. "Pay for dinner and i'll think it over."

"Fine." Rodney said grumpily. "Chinese or Indian?"

"Chinese." Spencer decided happily. "Menu's are in the kitchen, second drawer down. I'm going to shower."

"Alright."

authors note
another abrupt ending but meh it works