70. all that remains is atlantis

summary
atlantis lost contact with earth in january of 2012, and 22 days later the three remaining warships - the hammond, the apollo and the sun tzu - show up with the survivors of the ori attack that had wiped out most of earth

relationships
daniel x vala
sam x jack

cast
joe flanigan as lt colonel john sheppard
kavan smith as major evan lorne
rachel luttrel as teyla emmagen
jason momoa as ronon dex
david hewlett as doctor rodney mckay
richard dean anderson as lt general jack o'neill
amanda tapping as colonel sam carter
michael shanks as doctor daniel jackson
claudia black as vala mal doran
ben browder as lt colonel cameron mitchell
christopher judge as teal'c
david nykl as doctor radek zelenka

fandoms
main
stargate atlantis
stargate sg-1
background
ncis
criminal minds
white collar
bones
csi

part 1 of 'new lantea' series

Jack, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c had beamed into Atlantis in the early hours of the morning in febuary, 22 days since Atlantis had lost contact with Earth, along with Colonel Marks of the Sun Tzu and Cameron and Vala who had been on the Apollo. They all looked thoroughly exhausted, and were all in different places in the conference room. John was sitting at the table beside Lorne, who looked slightly put out by what the General had said.

"The Ori followers wanted us to believe we'd destroyed them." Colonel Carter said grimly, dragging her finger across the conference table. "They attacked when most of our ships were off world, and decimated Europe, Russia and parts of the US. Hawaii was blown off the map, australia, UK, Iceland and Greenland just gone. We managed to evacuate all SG personnel to the alpha and beta sites, and in the chaos had teams beamed into selected areas to secure known family of all sg members in parts of america and Canada that hadn't been destroyed. We lost SG's 15, 16 and 17 when the Ori took out the UK and only barely got out of Canada with Chuck's sister and nephew before the entire continent went up in fire." Everyone looked pale, even Teal'c and Vala looked horrified by the events. "We had to set the auto destruct for the base, the stargate took out half of North America in the first explosion."

"It's all gone." Daniel supplied quietly. Rodney had gone white, and John was grasping at his thoughts.

"How many survivors?" John asked.

"2000 give or take." Mitchell supplied. "Most of our people are stuck off world in the milky way. We didn't have the space nor the resources to bring them all at once."

"Of course." John nodded. "Colonel?"

"If your math is right John - and it usually is - we have space for all of the surviving members of earth." Lt. Colonel Lorne said. "We also have multiple off-world sites that the Athosians have helped us build homes on. We have the space Colonel, its the supplies we haven't got."

"We always knew something was going to get us in the end." Jack said grimly. "We had a contingency plan set up for exactly this. P9X-197 has been fortified to hide an enormous underground bunker which holds enough supplies and tech to keep us going - enough for at least a million people for a decade - the tok'ra helped us set it up several years ago."