15. memory loss

summary
in which alec wakes up with no memory of anything

romantic relationships
n / a

platonic relationships

n / a

cast
shadow cast as themselves
joshua rush as rafael santiago lightwood-bane
young dylan sprayberry as maxwell joseph lightwood-bane

fandoms
shadowhunters

When Alec Lightwood woke up, he had no idea where or who he was. His mind was blank, and no matter how hard he tried he couldn't find the memories he so desperately seeked. He scrambled from the bed he lay on, reaching for anything to defend himself with. He stood up, holding a long wooden stick out, his mind unable to process what was happening.

"Alec!" That was a female voice, it was soothing and familiar, but the panic in his mind caused his breathing to become fast and laboured. "Alec it's me Izzy, you need to calm down." But that didn't help, he couldn't see past the pure panic that seeped into his entire person. The name was another thing he didn't recognise, which only caused further panic.

"J-just stay back," Alec said weakly, fear paralysed him making him unable to move or think properly. Isabelle froze, not wanting to startle her brother more. He began to panic farther when he heard two more people enter the room, and one of them called his name.

"Alexander." The voice was male, and a warmth seeped into his chest, but he couldn't figure out whom it belonged to. "It's alright now, you're safe. Nobody's going to hurt you."

"J-just, p-please stay back." Alec cried again when the man attempted to step forward. Magnus frowned as Rafael gripped his hand tighter, a soft whimper escaping his lips.

"Daddy, what's wrong with him?" He asked in a whisper, tugging Magnus' hand.

"It's alright Rafe, go find uncle Jace and Aunt Clary, tell them Dad's hurt." Rafael didn't hesitate to run out of the room. Magnus turned to Isabelle, who seemed to be struggling to hold herself together. Alec stared at them with distant eyes, and Magnus tried a different approach.

"Alec, that's your name. I'm Magnus Bane. That's Isabelle Lightwood, your sister, and I'm your husband. You have a brother, his name is Jace, a mother named Maryse and a father named Robert. You have two sons named Max and Rafael, who we adopted because they needed our help. You have two nieces named Rebekah and Arianna Lovelace, and three nephews named Robert Lovelace, Gideon and Michael Herondale." Slowly, Magnus found himself moving closer to his Husband with his hands held out in a non-threatening way. Before Magnus was able to get too close, Alec had dropped the stick and was pushing himself away from Magnus. Isabelle frowned as Jace and Clary entered the room as quietly as possible.

"What's going on?" Jace whispered to Isabelle as she watched Magnus attempt to push past the panic in Alec's eyes. Isabelle shushed him, and they watched carefully.