105. secret santa - sh

summary
insitute secret santa

relationships
magnus bane x alec lightwood
isabelle lightwood x clary fray(blink and you'll miss it)
simon lewis x jace herondale

characters
matthew daddario as alec lightwood
harry shum jr as magnus bane
emeraude toubia as izzy lightwood
katherine mcnamara as clary fairchild
dominic sherwood as jace herondale

fandom
shadowhunters

One thing Magnus didn't expect, it was that every year the New York Insitute did secret santa at Christmas. It seemed the Shadowhunters were quite excited about it too.

"Izzy!" Jace called after his sister, who stopped with an amused grin.

"Who did you get?"

"Rochelle." He groaned. "I barely know her! What am i supposed to get her?"

"She's doing her weapons training. Find out her signature weapon and get her something related to that." Izzy recommended, grinning when Jace kissed her cheek and hugged her.

"I love you Iz."

"Well, who doesn't?" She replied flippantly, joining Jace in his laughter.

"Alexander." Alec span away from the holotable with a wide smile as Magnus came up to him. Alec took a minute to admire his husband of three months, hair spiked up in a mohawk and wearing a Christmas themed suit with green streaked through his hair. "What is all the chaos about?"

"When Iz was 15 she found this dumb mundane thing called secret Santa. Now she makes us do it every year." Alec pretended to sound disinterested, but truthfully everybody at the Institute takes part in the ritual now. Magnus raised an eyebrow at his husband.

"You do Secret Santa?" When Alec nodded Magnus grinned, lightly kissing Alec. "You never cease to amaze me Alexander. So who'd you get?"

"Lydia." Alec grimaced. "What am i supposed to get my ex fiance?"

"You're on your own there darling." Magnus chuckled, patting his chest. "Now, i have to go find the rest of Raj's patrol team and kick their asses."

"What did they do?" Alec questioned.

"Lucian sent me these photographs of a wolf who came to join the pack. He'd been brutally attacked on werewolf territory for not having a pack mark." Magnus uttered in disgust, handing Alec a flash drive. Alec sighed, shaking his head.

"Marcus Hartford and Elaine Fairwood." Alec grimaced. "Two new recruits sent from the Los Angeles Insitute for insubordination. Andrew Blackthorn hoped i could straighten them out so i teamed them up with Raj in the hope he would keep them in line."

"Thankfully Raj was the one who took the young wolf to Lucian. He's still there with him now." Alec scanned the opps until his eyes landed on the two shadowhunters.

"I'll handle it, Magnus. Thank you for bringing it to my attention, High Warlock Bane." Alex said formally.

"Just doing my job, Commander Lightwood." Magnus returned, winking. "Give em hell, darling." With that, Alec pushed away from the table and stormed across the ops room to the two Shadowhunters.