132. ascension - sgu

summary
after eli wallace died on destiny, he ascends and goes through actual hell

relationships
eli wallace x chloe armstrong x matthew scott

cast
dylan o'brien as malachai
david blue as eli wallace
morgan freeman as lucius
sarah strange as morgan le fay
morena baccarin as adria mal doran
david hewlett as doctor rodney mckay
amanda tapping as colonel sam carter
richard dean anderson as lt general jack o'neill

fandoms
stargate franchise
teen wolf(briefly)

When he woke up, the first thing he saw was a bright blue sky. He didn't feel any pain, but fear was already lashing across his body, like a burning hot whip or chains wrapped so hard around him he couldn't breathe. He'd almost forgotten what a bed felt like, how soft it was, so he felt a little nauseated by the feeling.

"Relax, Mr Wallace." Eli fully freaked out then, gasping and shoving himself backwards until he fell off the bed onto the grass he hadn't noticed around him until then. The man who spoke, a rather young looking man with dark hair, honey brown eyes and moles dotted all over his face was leaning over the edge of the bed Eli had just fallen of. The sharp jarr of pain that came with his elbow coming into contact with the ground refocused him, but he was still fearful.

"W-what? W-who?" Eli for once, had no idea what to say.

"My name is Malachai, but you can call me Kai." He introduced himself. "Why are you on the floor?"

"You scared me." Eli admitted.

"I'm sorry." Kai looked genuinely sad he'd scared him.

"I guess i'm a little traumatised, from, you know..." Eli trailed off, accidentally thinking about it and flinching.

"Yeah." Kai nodded seriously. "We wanted to apologise about that."

"What?" Eli blinked.

"When you ascended. My father was the watcher of Destiny. He helped build it, many millions of years ago. After he ascended, he would periodically check on his ship and when your people took up a permanent residence on the ship, he kept a close eye on your people." Kai suddenly looked sad. "He was visiting the Milky Way when the Sangral was activated. I was here, in the plains above the Old City in the Home Galaxy. He and a couple thousand others died, and your soul got snatched up by the Orici."

"That was her?" Eli whispered, horrified. That horrifying laugh echoed through his mind, desperate and disgusting and made him shiver with disgust.

"Come on." Eli reluctantly let Kai help him up, ghost pain radiating up his arm at the contact. Eli sat back down on the bed, but Kai could see the tension and fear in his eyes. "You do not need be afraid, Eli. You are safe here."

"How can i believe that?" Eli asked shakily. "How do i know this isn't some hallucination she created to lull me into some sense of false safety and then bang, i'm back there?" She'd done it before, made him think he was back on Destiny, safe, and then ripped the rug right out from underneath him. And God, he couldn't even say her name without fear.