67. magical twins

summary
what if merlin was the twin brother of morgause, older brother to morgana

relationships

n/a

cast
colin morgan as merlin
bradley james as arthur
uther
katie mcgrath as morgana
morgause
gaius

fandoms
merlin

"You requested to see me, Sire?" Merlin said quietly, stepping into King Uther's personal chambers. The king was sitting at his desk, staring at some papers when he looked up.

"Yes." He said. "Come." Merlin had been in Camelot 2 years now, and despite being in the castle he'd never actually been summoned by the king as he was only a servant, nobody important.

"What is this about, Sire?"

"How old are you Merlin?" The king asked, and startled by the question Merlin replied.

"18 winters, Sire." Merlin replied.

"And who is your mother?"

"Um, I never knew my mothers name, my father was a man named Gorlois, but I was raised by Hunith in Ealdor, my Lord."

***

"My lord, I must speak with you." Gaius said to the King. "It concerns Morgause."

"What is is?" Uther asks.

"While I was treating her wound, I noticed... that she wore a bracelet." Gaius said.

"Go on."

"It bore the mark of the Great House of Gorlois. There is only two people other than Morgana, who would have cause to wear such a bracelet. That is her half-siblings."

"I was lead to believe the children had died." Uther said in disbelief.

"The children lived, my Lord." Gaius said and Uther stood up. "They were smuggled out of Camelot after their birth."

"How do you know this?"

"It was I that entrusted the girl to the high priestesses of the old religion, and the boy to a woman of a village in Lots kingdom."

"You should've told me, Gaius."

"I had sworn a solemn oath, my Lord." Gaius told him. "I'm only breaking it now, because I fear what Morgause might do."

"Does Morgana know?" Uther asked.

"I don't believe so."

"Morgana must never find out she has a half-sister. I will not have her loyalties divided."

"Of course."

"What of the boy?"

"He grew up in one of the outlying villages of Lots kingdom my lord, with one of my former students. He's in Camelot now, My lord."