68. in the aftermath

summary
the aftermath of the 3 years in stasis - eli survives and encounters the ancients and battles mental health issues, as well as dealing with feelings

relationships
matthew scott x chloe armstrong
chloe armstrong x eli wallace x matthew scott

cast
david blue as eli wallace
elyse levesque as chloe armstrong
brian j smith as matthew scott
robert carlyle as nicholas rush
louis ferreria as everett young
peter kelamis as adam brody
alania huffman as tamara johansen
thomas gibson as jacob

fandoms
stargate universe

(this has been uploaded to my ao3 account, 'Into_darkness18'. please check it out)

Eli Wallace was having a really bad day.

After spending the last three years alone on a spaceship while all his friends were in stasis, he wasn't used to all the people who kept coming up to him. His mind had adjusted to the dark, cold spaceship, only to sound of engine hum and his MP3 player to keep him sane. Eli found that in the three years, his survival was thanks to the Ancients. They'd found him almost dead 10 days after everyone went into stasis, and they fixed up some key systems of the ship. When Eli woke to find a man standing over him in the observation deck, his eyes widened almost dramatically. Eli hadn't been expecting to wake up, the life support had been set to turn off hours ago so he figured if he was asleep it would be painless.

"It's alright, Eli Wallace. My name is Jacob, I am an ancient." Jacob - an ancient and wow Eli was freaking out - introduced himself.

"Awesome. But wha... I thought the Ancients didn't get involved with the affairs of humans. Some rule about interference if i remember correctly." Eli had asked and Jacob had merely chuckled in response.

"We came because Destiny needs you, Mr Wallace. And we also wish you to join us when your time on this plain is over."

"Why me?"

"You are one of a kind, Mr Wallace. Which is why I have men fixing certain areas of the ship. Not enough to make a large difference, but enough to increase your chances of survival once you make it to the next galaxy." Jacob had taken a seat next to Eli on the bench which sat in the observation deck, watching the ship travel in FTL.

"Well that's nice, I guess." Eli had mumbled, nodding his head.

"The high council has asked me also to give you any knowledge you should need if you have to fix anything on the ship." Eli had snapped his head up in shock. "But I am sorry to tell you that the stasis pod is damaged beyond repair."

"I already knew that much." Eli conceded, nodding his head. "Thank you."

That had been three years ago, and Eli had spent the rest of that time alone, meditating and using the guide Jacob had left him in order to reach that state of mind so when he is ready, he may ascend to the next plain. It had taken some adjustment, his body not being used to doing nothing for long periods of time.

Eli had woken Colonel Young when they dropped out of FTL exactly 3 years and 4 days since he'd stepped into the stasis pod, just like he'd promised.