147. hunters - spn main

summary
after loosing his grace to defeat lucifer, he parts ways with the brothers and gets his life in order, surprising the brothers upon their reunion years later

romantic relationships
n/a

platonic relationships

cast
misha collins as lieutenant colonel james castiel novak, usmc
matthew gray gubler as supervisory special agent doctor spencer reid, fbi/bau profiler
michael weatherly as senior special agent anthony dinozzo, ncis/team lead of mcrt2
michael shanks as doctor daniel jackson, sgc/sg-1
kavan smith as major evan lorne, usaf/atlantis 2ic
felicia day as technical analyst charlie bradbury, fbi/supernatural wiki
jensen ackles as dean winchester, hunter
jared padalecki as sam winchester, hunter
katheryn newton as claire novak, civilian consultant/fbi/usmc/ncis

fandoms
criminal minds
ncis
supernatural
stargate sg-1
stargate atlantis

It has been almost ten years since Sam and Dean last saw Castiel, who disappeared mere days after he lost his grace, claiming he needed time to acclimate and that he could do it better on his own. And then he completely dropped off the grid, broke his phone, changed his get up and the only reason they even knew he was still alive was through Jody and Charlie, who had helped Cas integrate better with society and make sure he had the proper credentials for his now human existence, but refused to tell the brothers where Castiel had disappeared to since Castiel wanted absolutely nothing to do with the brothers, didn't want to get sucked back into the world he was so desperately trying to escape. But of course, not everything lasts forever.

Then, during his fifth year in the military his commanding officer was possessed by a demon in Iraq. After Cas had exorcised it, Colonel Anderson formed an elite team of soldiers for identifying demons and other supernatural creatures. As much as Cas had wanted out of that life, at least now his hunting was supported by the President of the US.

Once again Sam and Dean had gotten themselves into a situation they couldn't fix, and it was up to Jody, Claire, Alex and Cas to fix. Cas has been back a week, was supposed to be relaxing and letting the gunshot wound he took to the thigh when he was doing a consultancy on Atlantis heal but wasn't dumb enough to let the girls go after the brothers alone. Cas managed to track the boys cell to an abandoned warehouse and groaned, because it was always abandoned warehouses with those two.

"Alright, Jody and Claire, circle round and cover the back. Alex and I will come in the front." The women all nodded, and Jody and Claire rounded the back of the building. After a few moments, Cas heard his radio click twice and then promptly kicked down the door, ignoring the twinge in his thigh and automatically aiming his handgun that was filled with angel bullets. Cas didn't even blink as he took out every vamp in sight, a single bullet to the head dropping them all. "Clear!"

Sam and Dean, who were tied to the metal beams in the middle of the room blinked in surprise at how quickly each vampire dropped, head wounds smoking. And then they saw Cas, and they both gaped in visible surprise.