83. idetic memory

summary
a theory in which shadowhunters are known to be bloody brilliant

relationships
alec lightwood x magnus bane
jack o'neill x sam carter

cast
alec lightwood
magnus bane
clary fray(mentioned)
henry branwell(mentioned)
jack o'neill
sam carter
hank landry(briefly)

fandoms

stargate sg-1

shadowhunters

(2 years after shadow war, alec is 24, he and magnus are married but don't have kids yet, its 2011, several weeks into october and dadt is repealed) (please note that i SUCK at math so bad, so pls excuse the poor math explained in this fic)

The war was over and Alec had just turned twenty four 3 days earlier when a man and a woman dressed in Air Force dress blues showed up at Magnus' apartment looking for Alec. Alec had been laying on the couch, a blank notepad in hand and was scribbling down his thesis work for his doctorate and occasionally flipping to the back where he had one of those dumb mundane 'unsolvable mathematical equations' written down and a laptop open on the coffee table when someone knocked on the door.

"Colonel Alexander Lightwood?" It took Alec a moment before he realised his title in the Shadow World must equal to Colonel in the mundane world, while his Shadowhunter title was Commander Lieutenant Alexander Lightwood.

"Who's askin?" He demanded in an authorative tone, which clearly surprised both of them.

"I'm Lieutenant General Jack O'Neill." The older man introduced, then jerked his head at the blonde. "This is Brigadier General Samantha Carter."

"Can i help you with something General's?" Alec asked politely, but he already had an arrow ready in the hand hovering at his back.

"You submitted a math proof through the New York University last month on the understanding of alternate dimensions?" Carter asked, more like stated, and Alec had chosen it because the Supernatural world existed in the same as the mundane, only slightly out of phase in a pocket dimension.

"I did." Alec nodded. "But only because my Professor and husband said i should." He'd only submitted it because Magnus had told him it could have an impact. Though he's pretty sure Magnus hadn't understood a word of his proof, he'd allowed his professor to publish it on the NYU website.

"Jack." Carter looked up at the man with wide eyes. "He has no idea what he's just done."

"Carter. Go to your happy place." Alec couldn't help the snort that escaped.

"Listen, Sir. Ma'am. I don't know how you found out my name because i don't legally exist in you're world which you both know, especially since the name i used for my education isn't my real one. But if you don't mind i have a thesis due in a week, so-" Alec tried to close the door, only he was stopped by the older man who looked more than bored of this entire conversation, and probably a little bit sceptical that a boy of barely 24 was a well respected full-bird Colonel in his community.

"Listen, we know what those tattoo's on your neck are." Alec's hand immediately moved up to his neck, absently trailing his fingers along the deflect rune. "We know your husband can wield some very powerful magic, that you are in charge of an entire battalion of soldiers, none of whom are trained in guns or snipers etc but rather bows and swords and spears, all despite being barely 24 years old."