134. gunshot - suiys

summary
when someone mike put away during his time as a jag officer shoots him, mike has to endure the pain, but this time he isn't alone

romantic relationships
none

platonic relationships

cast
patrick j adams as mike ross
gabriel macht as harvey specter
sarah rafferty as donna paulson

fandoms
suits

(imagine mike isn't a fraud, kay? he joined up to the marines, got his law degree, kay?)

(this is au, so i aint following the script at all, don't like don't read.)

When Mike Ross was 17, after he graduated from Harvard University with a Pre-Law degree, he enlisted in the United States Marine Corps, and went through basic training and did a tour in Afghanistan before returning to the states and going onto Officer Candidate School and training to become a JAG prosecutor or defence lawyer - truth was he just wanted to practice law. After completing his schooling and setting records in the process, Mike was deployed to different places all over the world to defend his fellow Marine officers, and occasionally preceding over a Court Marshall or two. By his 23rd Birthday, Mike had put away almost a hundred different criminals, which was almost unheard of for someone of his rank - Captain - and age. Then during a court proceeding in Syria 2 years later, a suicide bomber blew up the court room, killing the defendant, most of the people watching, two JAG lawyers, and Injuring 19 other people including Mike. He spent 3 months recovering in Germany, before they announced he was no longer likely to die from the high altitudes, and returned to New York. After talking with his Commanding Officer, he decided to take the Medical Retirement package, and was discharged from the Corps after they determined he had PTSD and a permanent ringing in his ear from the explosion. He spent the year after his discharge smoking a lot of weed to deal with the pain, working in a free clinic that the Marine Corps had set up for him and other retired jag lawyers and working as a bike messenger on the weekends, mornings and evenings. Then one day, he met Harvey Specter, and his life changed.

Sometimes, Mike seriously hated his childhood best friend. With a briefcase filled with weed and two undercover officers on his tail, Mike was visibly relieved when he stumbled into the Harvard associate Interviews for PearsonHardman law firm. He nearly fell into the table a gorgeous red head was sitting at, and she immediately liked him.

"You here for the interview?" The woman asked. Mike's mind blanked, but figured it was the best bet even if his mind didn't quite get there.

"Uh, actually i'm running from two detectives, but sign me up." Mike said seriously. Donna stared at Mike for a moment just as Harvey stepped out of the room, and Donna gave him a firm nod.

"Harvey will see you right now." Donna winked at him, and Mike thanked her profusely and disappeared into the interview room behind Harvey seconds before the two detectives came skidding past the room, one sticking their head in.

"Excuse me, ma'am. Have you seen anyone suspicious come through here?" She asked.

"Nobody here but Harvard law students." Donna shrugged, but the cop seemed to buy it, and disappeared.

Inside the room, Mike turned to introduce himself when the briefcase broke, spilling the crap ton of weed onto the floor. Mike was frozen, horror evident on his face as Harvey merely smiled in amusement.