5. the alien and the original

summary
in which mon-el moves to new orleans for a fresh start and meets his soulmate

romantic relationships
elijah mikaelson x mon-el
camille o'connell x klaus mikaelson ( mentioned )

platonic relationships
elijah mikaelson & klaus mikaelson ( brothers )

cast
daniel gillies as elijah mikaelson
chris wood as mon-el of daxam

fandoms
supergirl
the originals

Mon-El moved to New Orleans after he realised National City was too much for him. His apartment was nice, resting smack in the middle of the French quarter opposite the Mikaelson compound. He'd been in New Orleans a week and had yet to have an encounter with any Mikaelson. He also come to realise that on earth most people only wore suits and formal clothing for special occasions or work, but Mon-El loved to wear suits, and likes looking smart.

Mon-El ventured to a bar named Rosseau's for a drink. Sitting at the bar, a blonde woman approaches him with a kind smile.

"What can I get you?" The bartender - Camille, her nametag read - asks kindly.

"The strongest thing you've got, Camille." Mon-El flashed her a kind smile, causing the woman to smile.

"Please, call me Cami." Mon-El smiled politely as she poured him his drink.

"I'm Mike, by the way." Mon-El introduced himself as his alias, like the Danvers sisters said to do. He thanked her for the drink, downing it in one go.

"Bad week?"

"You could say that." Mon-El mused in agreement. "I just moved here actually, from National City." The two continued to make small talk, soon drifting to the subject of soulmates. Kara and Alex had sat Mon-El down and explained the words that appeared on the back of his neck his first day on earth. That when the right person came, he'd know.

"So have you found your soulmate, Cami?" Mon-El asked curiously.

"I have actually." She smiled faintly, tracing a line of words pressed into her inner forearm softly. "We met a few months ago, in this very bar if you can believe it. What about you?"

"I've begun to loose hope in finding mine." Mon-El stated with a sigh. Even though Mon-El had only been on earth for two years he had lost hope in ever finding them in their lifetime.

"Don't give up hope." Cami told him seriously, gripping his arm. "That was where I was headed after my brother died, but you will find them, Mike." Mon-El finished his drink, thanking the blonde bartender and the pair exchanged numbers. Wishing her a goodnight, Mon-El made his way out the bar onto the busy streets of New Orleans. There was a party in progress, the celebration of a marriage between two soulmates from what he'd picked up. He walked into a back alley that cut off five minutes from his journey, suddenly tensing as he sensed another person behind him. Pretending he hadn't noticed, he watched the figure approach him, and surprised him when he sank his teeth into Mon-El's neck. He cried out, using his enhanced strength to snap the vampires neck swiftly. Mon-El sank to the ground, his eyes dropping as he faintly saw someone approaching him before he fell into unconsciousness.

Mon-El let out a groan, his hand moving up to his neck as he winced. He knew his wound had already healed, but that didn't make it any less painful.

"I was wondering if perhaps you'd died, Sir." His eyes snapped open, and he sat up straight, staring at the stranger who had just said the words tattooed to his neck. "My brother was getting impatient."

"Uh, I'm confused, but I'm rolling with it give me a second dude in a suit." The man's eyes widened, his lips parting in shock. "But you said my words so..." Mon-El stood up, moving closer to the man.

"My name is Mike. But I feel that as you are my soulmate you should know my real name is Mon-El and I was a prince on my world, a planet named Daxam that was destroyed by the neighbouring planet exploding." Mon-El smiled at him sheepishly, rubbing his neck slightly.

"I'm Elijah Mikaelson." The man - Elijah - finally told him, snapping from his daze. "And since you just shared your whole life story I assume you have no filter?" Elijah asked, raising his eyebrows at the alien in front of him.

"Yeah, Kara and Alex keep telling me that." Mon-El chuckles knowingly. "You said your brother was waiting?"

"He can wait a while longer," Elijah spoke, at last, moving closer to his soulmate with a smile. Mon-El lifted his hand, so he could wrap it around Elijah's neck, bringing his lips to his for the first time. And both knew it certainly wouldn't be the last.