17. the hunter and the speedster

summary
in which sam winchester shoots his soulmate by accident

romantic relationships
sam winchester x barry allen

platonic relationships
n / a

cast
jared padalecki as sam winchester
grant gustin as barry allen
harry wells
joe west
misha collins as castiel
cisco ramon

fandoms
supernatural
the flash

-

Barry Allen spent his whole life waiting to meet his soulmate. He didn't care if his soulmate was male or female, all he wanted to do was be happy, finally. But a lot went wrong in his life. His soulmark faded three times, coming back within two months but that didn't stop the agonising feeling he felt in his chest each time it did fade. But after he was struck by lightning, and became the fastest man alive the last thing he was thinking about was his soulmate. Then, his soulmate shot him and things really changed.

Sam Winchester always wanted to meet his soulmate, somehow hoping he would give him an escape from his life. But not all goes to plan and after he dies the first time he realises his soulmate is probably better off without him. When he falls into the cage and dies the second time he definitely doesn't seek out his soulmate whilst his soul was missing especially since he had noticed his mark remained faded and scarred. After he got his soul back, his mark came back and his life settled down finally, he ended up in a coma without warning for 9 months. 3 year later, whilst in Central city on a break he shoots his soulmate and his world changes.

"What the hell- you shot me!" Barry cried, right thigh covered in blood and Barry looked at his leg incredulously before looking back up at the extremely tall, long haired man.

"Oh god I'm so sorry I thought you were someone else." The man cried out, pushing his gun back into the waistband of his jeans. "I really didn't mean to shoot you."

"It's fine." Barry ground out, this wound hurting more than others would. "What the hell did you shoot me with?"

"Iron bullets." Barry's eyes widened in realisation.

"Oh shit." He swore, his eyes wide as he fumbled to get his phone from his pockets with bloody fingers. "Iron is bad, really really bad."

"Iron doesn't hurt humans." Sam protested.

"I'm a meta-human, idiot. Iron is poisonous to metas." Sam's eyes widened, letting out a swear.

"Where do you need to go? A hospital?"

"I need you to take me to Star Labs." Barry ground out and Sam nodded, and he helped his soulmate to his feet.

"You know as far as first impressions go, it's not bad." Sam said thoughtfully and Barry looked at him with a disbelieving look.