87. mcdanno cuddles

summary
when steve finds out danny hasn't slept in days, he decides to help out

relationship
steve mcgarrett x danny williams(pre-slash)

cast
scott caan as danny williams
alex o'loughlin as steve mcgarrett

fandom
hawaii 5-0

Danny yawned for the fourth time in 10 minutes, sliding farther down the couch with his arms crossed, but not falling asleep.

"You can go to sleep, you know right?" Steve said casually, finishing off his beer.

"Can't sleep." Danny mumbled, yawning again.

"When was the last time you actually slept?" Steve asked, frowning at his friend. "As in longer than 20 minutes between leads and arrests?"

"Like, saturday?" Danny didn't seem sure, but even so that wasn't the best thing Steve's heard.

"Jesus." Steve shook his head. That was almost a whole week. "Come on, Danno." Steve turned off the tv and stood up, yanking Danny to his feet. It showed how tired he was that he didn't even say anything, just let Steve lead him carefully upstairs and into his bed. Danny fell into the pillows, letting out a soft exhale.

"Thanks Steven." Danny said, voice muffled by the pillows. Steve disappeared into the bathroom and got changed, brushing his teeth before heading back into his room. Danny was still where Steve left him, except he still seemed awake.

"Come on Danno. You need to get some rest." Steve urged his best friend.

"I know." Danny groaned, rolling onto his back. "My brain wont shut the fuck up."

"Ah jeeze." Steve sighed before climbing into the bed, re-arranging them both so Danny was on his side and Steve was spooning him from behind.

"What're you doing?" Danny asked through his exhaustion, but Steve just shushed him.

"Helping you sleep." Steve pulled Danny closer, the smaller man relaxing slightly as Steve knew he would. "Night Danno."

"Stop callin' me that." Danny drifted off then, his body fully relaxing. Steve just smiled at his partner before resting his forehead against the back of Danny's neck and drifting off to sleep.

authors note
like mcdanno are endgame?
also this is just a little short and sweet take on danny's insomnia and why would steve let danny suffer without at least tryna help? or maybe danny sometimes just needs someone to hold him close and not let go? anyway