157. dimension travel - tua, mcu

summary
in which, after spending five years living - barely surviving - in the apocalypse he manages to slip through the dimension walls and wakes up in one of starks off-site labs in malibu

relationships
pepper potts x tony stark

cast
aiden gallagher as five hargreeves
robert downey jr as tony stark
gwyneth paltrow as pepper potts
samuel l jackson as nick fury

fandoms
marvel cinematic universe
the umbrella academy

(stark is thirty rn. the events of avengers happen about six years after, tua about five years after that. using the ages from the comics. so five is ten when he runs away, fifteen when he lands in starks dimension and it's nineteen years later he comes back to stop the apocalypse.)

(five ends up in the marvel dimension in 2005 at age fifteen. iron man takes place in 2008 instead of 2010, when five is eighteen. iron man two in 2010. avengers in 2012. five works for the commission at that time)

(five's power; spatial and time manipulation (canon) boundary manipulation, dimension travel, summoning and destruction (my own little twist))

Tony Stark had seen a lot of crap in his life since his parents died, but seeing a fifteen-year-old boy wearing torn clothes, covered in dust and ash and half healed burns appear in a flash of blue energy in the middle of his lab at SI was a new one, even for him.

"Um, Jarvis, you seeing this?"

"I am, sir. It appears the boy has residual dimensional energy on him." Tony carefully approached the boy, eyeing him warily. "I have called security and a medical team. They will be here momentarily." He nudged him with his foot and two things happened. The first is Tony suddenly flat on his back, an arm pressed across his windpipe, and the second is what made Tony throw his hand out, stopping the Security team from entering the lab. The boy's eyes were wild, full of fear and something else. He looked terrified.

"Hey, kid!" Tony said in what was supposed to be a soothing tone. "Relax, not gonna hurt you!"

"What..." He blinked, looked around, and then scrambled away from Tony. He inhaled sharply, sat up and looked at the boy. He'd found refuge under one of the desks, knee's pulled up to his chest, arms wrapped tight around them and his face hidden in his knee's.

"Hey kid, you're safe." Tony tried. He'd never been good with kids, even teenage ones. "Nobodies gonna hurt you now."

"You couldn't even if you wanted too." The boy glanced up, a little wairy. Tony gave him an award winning smile.

"What's your name?"

"Five." He mumbled, eyeing him cautiously. Who the hell names their kid Five?

"Alright, Five. I'm Tony."

"Where am I?" Five asked, finally taking in his surroundings.

"You're in my work lab, in Malibu, California."

"Why am I here?" Five asked.

"You appeared in a flash of blue energy, Mr Five." JARVIS replied instead of Tony. Five looked around, eyes wide.

"Who was that?"

"That was JARVIS. He's an AI I built when I was sixteen." Tony explained. Five's eyes were wide.