51. first dates and meetings

summary
alec and magnus go out on their first date. alec wants magnus to meet his daughter

relationships
magnus bane x alexander lightwood

cast
matthew daddario as alec lightwood
clary fray
jace wayland
magnus bane
alexa lightwood

fandoms

shadowhunters

* part two of the 'alexa lightwood' series *

Alec sat with his 5 year old daughter in his bedroom at the insitute, watching her babble away from her seat on the floor in front of her. Alec was mightily impressed by her magical ability, already amazing at projecting images around them whenever they were playing. Only thing was, Alec was nervous about leaving his daughter in the insitute while he went on his first date with Magnus.

"Peaches. I'm going out for a few hours tonight." Immediately Alexa seemed to be disheartened, but Alec tries to reassure her. "I wont be gone long, i just, i really like this man." Alexa crawls onto his lap, taking his hand and tapping it with her fingers as they sparked. Alec smiled in slight awe at the purple trails left behind in his skin, but didn't protest.

"To 'member me by." She grinned as she finished, and Alec could only smile at the pure innocence on his daughter's face. "Can i stay with Issa?" Alexa asked hopefully, referring to Clary. Since finding out the Fairchild girls full name, Alexa refused to call her anything but Issa.

"Why don't we go and ask her?" Alec scooped her up into his arms, drawing a squeal from her mouth as she grabbed onto his worn but thankfully not holey dark green sweater he'd picked out for his date.

Finding Clary was relatively easy, since she was in the training room. She was supposed to be training, but the redhead seemed to be sketching and seemed a bit pissed off when they came in.

"Issa!" Alexa shrieked, wiggling from Alec's grasp and running to the redhead once Alec put her down. She seemed startled by their appearance, but recovered quickly and caught the purple warlock in her arms.

"Hey peaches." Clary ruffled her black hair fondly. "Hey Alec."

"Alexa was hoping you could play with her until i got back." Alec explained, rolling his eyes at Clary's cheeky grin.

"Hot date?" She waggled her eyebrows and Alec couldn't help but snort.

"He is that." Alec relented, Clary's grin not receding. "That okay with you?"

"Of course." Clary nodded. "I'm supposed to be meeting up with Izzy and Jace anyway. We're gonna watch a few movies so peaches is more than welcome to join us."

"Thanks Fray." Alec pressed a kiss to Alexa's head and promised to be back soon, before departing for his first ever date.

The date went off without a hitch, and Alec found himself so happy he wasn't sure there was anything anyone could do to spoil his mood as he ventured through the residential area in a daze. There was a smile plastered on his face, despite the pain in his hip from falling down a flight of stairs at the end of the date, Alec was happy with how the date had gone, and knew Magnus had felt the same if the wide grin the warlock had been sporting was anything to go by.