152. the dorocha - merlin

summary
in which morgana isn't evil, and is in camelot when morgause opens the veil as her last act of vengence against morgana and merlin.

romantic relationships
merlin x morgana (on the down low)

platonic relationships

cast
colin morgan as merlin
katie mcgrath as morgana
bradley james as arthur
alexander vlahos as mordred

fandoms
merlin

"Samhain- it is the time of year when we feel the closest to the spirits of our ancestors." From her seat beside Arthur, Morgana rolled her eyes in amusement. Merlin was standing at the end of the table with a jug of wine, and he and Morgana casually exchanged smiles every now and then.

"It is a time to remember those we have lost, to celebrate their passing." Arthur was saying, unaware of Morgause and her accomplice helping her walk towards the stone podium at the Isle of the Blessed.

"Samhain is almost upon us." Morgause said wearily. "We must hurry."

"Yes, my lady." Mordred nodded. Morgause stepped forward, and Mordred whimpered in worry.

"I can't do this." He said, clearly afraid of Morgause.

"My son." Morgause soothed, holding out a hand for Mordred as they continued walking. Mordred only barely held back a flinch of disgust and fear from the woman who had forced him to participate. "Remember what i've told you. It is the only way. What you are about to do affect everyone, even you. But most importantly, it will bring our enemies to their knees." Mordred didn't say anything else, but he didn't like this plan. Not that he had much say in any of it. He'd been taken from his druid camp against his will. "You must be strong and remember that." Mordred nodded as they reached the stone table, and he looked down as Morgause presented him with a thin steel dagger. Mordred looked at Morgause with fear in his young eyes. "Do not be scared." Mordred took the blade, and Morgause climbed up onto the table. "I am not long for this world. There is nothing left for me here now. Not since my sisters' betrayal." Mordred stared at Morgause, and knew her words to be true. Morgause was staring at Mordred as she climbed up, now sitting atop the stone table. "Please, my son. Let my parting be my final gift to you." Morgause lay down on the table, and Mordred circled the table, so he was standing at her side. Though at barely 14, Mordred was almost as tall as Morgause, and had no problem reaching far enough over.

"To the king!" Arthur toasted back in Camelot as the bell tolled.

Back on the Isle, Mordred is speaking in the Ancient language, holding up the blade over Morgause. His eyes glow gold, and he thrusts the knife down.