27. the nephilim and the vampire bound for life

summary
in which kol was resurrected by his best friend davina and found he still had a soul mark

relationships
alec lightwood x kol mikaelson

cast
matthew daddario as alec lightwood
nathaniel buzolic as kol mikaelson

fandom
the originals
shadowhunters

--

Alec Lightwood wasn't usually one for taking vacations, but when Izzy mentioned that she was going to New Orleans for a week on their 'mandatory break', - when actually it was just their mother forcing them to take a break since the siblings were clearly close to mental breakdowns - Alec let her convince him to come. The city nightlife was unlike anything Alec or Izzy had seen, always a celebration going on in the streets. But what went through the 23-year-old shadowhunters mind was the fact that his slightly faded soul mark had the words, 'welcome to New Orleans' in the sentence. Everything about the city made Alec feel like he was alive, that he could finally breathe again, and he had no idea why. Of course, when he shoots an already paranoid hybrid in the chest and ends up being kidnapped, he meets someone unexpected.

His head is burning when he comes too, the unfamiliar feeling of going too long without using an iratze beginning to take effect, and it was times like these he wished he had Jace's ability to activate runes without a stele. His head was slumped forward, and he could feel the tight ropes that had been seeped in something awful smelling around his wrists.

"Did you have to kidnap him?" A female British sounding voice, not all that different to Aldertree, asked someone.

"He shot me with an arrow, Freya!" another British accent replied angrily. "How do I know he isn't working for another one of my enemies?"

"Because if I was, you'd be dead." Alec finally said, his voice hoarse and his head burning. He looked up, eyes landing on two beautiful beings he had ever seen. "Jesus, what genes did you get to be that amazing looking?" The taller Male snorted at the light-headed Shadowhunter.

"You can talk, mate." Alec tugged in the ropes, frowning angrily at the tightly bound ropes.

"Can you untie me? I didn't mean to shoot you, I don't even know who you are alright?" Just as the male was about to reply, another male entered the room, and Alec felt entranced by his beauty.

"Nik, must you tie up shadowhunters?" The man asked in another British accent, and Alec was more confused as to how he knew of their existence. "Welcome to New Orleans. I apologise for my brother's crippling paranoia." Alec thought he might have actually stopped breathing. He felt the words on the back of his thigh, just below his butt, burn as if colouring themselves back in.

"Don't worry about it, my siblings have the same mistrust about people who shoot at them," Alec replied, trying to shake out of his bonds but failing quite badly. The guy who spoke his words stared in awe and slight shock before he was quickly pulling the ropes from the shadowhunters wrists and yanking him to his feet. Alec, who was still slightly dazed, let Kol pull the Stele from his pocket.

"What are you doing Kol?" The girl, Freya, asked her brother.

"Healing him." Kol grabbed Alec's wrist, drawing an iratze. Alec visibly relaxed, the sharp pain in his neck and head fading as the rune healed him.

"Thank you," Alec mumbled, taking his Stele back and sliding it into his back pocket.

"Always." Kol simply replied.

"What the bloody hell is going on Kol?" Nik asked in a demanding voice. Kol turned to glare at his brother.

"Well if it wasn't obvious I was helping my soulmate, you idiot." Alec waved kinda awkwardly, bringing a giggle from Freya, who quickly bounced forwards.

"I'm Freya." She introduced, holding her hand out for him to shake. He did so. "This is Niklaus," Freya told him, pointing to the taller handsome blonde behind her.

"Yes, the one I shot with an arrow. Sorry about that." Alec said sheepishly as Niklaus finally approached the group.

"Normally I'd just kill you and dump your body for that sister of yours to find." Alec went on the defence, his bow and quiver appearing out of nowhere as Kol hissed, but Niklaus held his hands up. "But since you're my baby brother's soulmate, you get a free pass." Alec didn't relax, glaring at the Hybrid.

"How do you know about my sister?" He demanded.

"Because I told him, duh." Izzy sauntered into the room and Alec gave her a look.

"Sometimes I don't know why I haven't disowned you." Alec scowled at his sister, who merely grinned and wrapped one of her arms around his, looking up at him.

"You love me." Alec rolled his eyes, mumbling something unintelligible and Kol merely smiles faintly at Alec.

Later, once everyone had dispersed and left the two newly met soulmates sitting beside each other.

"So," Alec trailed off awkwardly. "I actually have no experience in the whole dating thing..."

"Don't worry love, I'll show you." Kol merely replied and Alec swore his heart skipped a beat when Kol shot him an award-winning smile.